New to Gerbils, offer advice? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

New to Gerbils, offer advice?

Ok so, i'm guessing most of you read my last post. Here's an update on the baby hamsters. I moved them into a 10 gallon tank with mesh lid. They have a wheel (gerbil safe), waterbottle, food dish, treat dish (filled with hay and fruits and vegetables), a hide big enough for both of them, carefresh bedding, cardboard tubes which came with nesting material (3), plastic tubes, chinchilla dust sand in a corner litter pan, yogies, papaya dried fruit treats, these pretzel treats, chew blocks and this chew bar that has honey and seeds inside. We don't treat everyday but check water and food, and bath every few hours. All the tubes are buried under the bedding, and there are 3 entrances to the tunnels from above. We have a "home" we built out of these plastic snaptogether hamster homes which we have between the tunnels. They seem to like it. Any other advice? Does it sound good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
Ok so, i'm guessing most of you read my last post. Here's an update on the baby hamsters. I moved them into a 10 gallon tank with mesh lid. They have a wheel (gerbil safe), waterbottle, food dish, treat dish (filled with hay and fruits and vegetables), a hide big enough for both of them, carefresh bedding, cardboard tubes which came with nesting material (3), plastic tubes, chinchilla dust sand in a corner litter pan, yogies, papaya dried fruit treats, these pretzel treats, chew blocks and this chew bar that has honey and seeds inside. We don't treat everyday but check water and food, and bath every few hours. All the tubes are buried under the bedding, and there are 3 entrances to the tunnels from above. We have a "home" we built out of these plastic snaptogether hamster homes which we have between the tunnels. They seem to like it. Any other advice? Does it sound good?

Are we talking about hamsters or gerbils?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

My bad, i meant gerbils. I was thinking about hamsters at the time haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Adolescent Pup

our gerbils passed last year but they were awesome. One was called 'shredder' for good reason. we would put all of our old bills and private mail in the tank when we were finished with it...within an hour the papers would be shredded to tiny pieces. The gerbils loved it and we didn't have to worry about strangers getting ahold of our personal information. lol ENJOY

p.s. what colour are they? mine were black and one had a white paintbrush tip tail. Post pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 AM
Playful Pup

Hahaha what a good idea, although i have a shredder at home that would be a fun way to shred private information, i may have to try that
Yeah post pics
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

there are pictures up in previous posts