new hamster!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

new hamster!!

welp i got a new one finally! shes really cute! and i cant think of a name yet...but she seems really active
i have the crittertrail two cage..and she seems very afraid of the tubes at first. she just kinda goes in them..and then like quickly comes out. lol..
shes also like chewing on her bedding. is that um..normal? i have the carefresh type..thats white. plus her eyes are closed alot..is it to bright in here for her?
just a few questions. thanks..ill post pics later so you guys can help me out witha name!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marms05
i have the crittertrail two cage..and she seems very afraid of the tubes at first. she just kinda goes in them..and then like quickly comes out. lol..... plus her eyes are closed alot..is it to bright in here for her?
just a few questions. thanks..ill post pics later so you guys can help me out witha name!
My hamster got a new cage a couple of weeks ago, and for the first 2 days, she would avoid the tubes, then she mustered enough courage that now she goes up and down and she wont stop

but it depends how bright her cage is, i always put my cage in the dark, and she is fine once i take her out in the light.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

now she seems to be pushing all of her bedding from the petting zone and pushing it through the tubes. but then her bedding is getting all stuck..so i gotta help her get her bedding out of the tubes! so now she has like NO bedding in the petting zone..
does ANYONE know what shes doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 11:26 AM

not a clue, i have never heard of that before

does she sleep in the tubes....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

well..she pushed all the bedding out..and is now sleeping on no bedding what so ever. just the plastic bottom...Weird???
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 09:05 PM

I once had a hamster who did that too, although I had aspen chips in her cage, so they didn't get stuck. Your hamster may just not like the feel of the bedding.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

hmm i dunno..its the same bedding that was used at the petco that she has at for three weeks before i got her. its just the plain white carefresh..because i seem to be allergic to any other types. dust is a no no for my allergies
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:57 AM

some hamsters like bedding and others might not like it. That is pretty weird