New Play Area - Pictures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Wink New Play Area - Pictures

I (his girlfriend) wanted to get them a cute playpen area that would attach to their old cage... But he didnt wanna spend $20 on it so we decided to make one out of other cage parts that we had from my previous hamster & the new cage he got the gerbils. I think its cute!! & They just LOVE playing in it. <3 I was excited that they like it haha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Cool! Do they like it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

yeah they love it. they spaz out when we get them & put them in there. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Adolescent Pup

can they jump out?? I know you are watching them but our gerbils were awesome jumpers and ffaaasstt!!! nice playground though...lucky guys

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:32 AM
RAT ADDICT

Cute playground!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Nope they can't jump out. It's just high enough where they won't be able to, but yeah, we watch them closely. They love it. I want to get a 40 gallon breeder for the two of them eventually.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Playful Pup

I made a little play pen for my gerbils, i was inspired by yours suzuki lol. Although mine isn't as good as that and is home made. I'll be watching my gerbils all the time when they're in it mind because it's made out of cardboard, so i'll have to be careful when they start to chew on it, but for now it's just something new and fun for them
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

our is also made out of cardboard :] and they don't seem to eat it but because they're getting more adventurous they've been able to climb out but luckily i get to them before they get off the top! they don't seem to be interested in eating their way out of the cardboard play area. there are alot of tubes, wheel and other things to play/chew on to occupy them. But never doubt what they're capable of. We noticed they somehow go high enough to start chewing on the plastic of the glass aquarium! So always watch them & NEVER leave them unattended
hope your gerbils love their playtime as much as ours do!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

We made another one!! For the outside. They're spoiled....

Mom & Dad to:

2 Gerbils - Caramel & Smokee (Brothers)

1 Ball Python - Hermes

2 Cats - Milo & Dusty

R.I.P :

Robo Hamster - Princess (1 1/2 yrs old)
Wild Field Mouse - Joie (1-2 yrs old)

Gray Field Mouse - Peanut (Raised from new born baby, eyes were still closed!!! Died without cause)

2 Lab Mix Dogs - Bear & Princess (10 or 11 & 13 or 14 yrs old)

4 Cats - Butterscotch (15 yrs old) , Thunder (14 yrs old), Misty (15 yrs old) , Nicky (7 yrs old)

1 Corn Snake - Rose (2 yrs old)

2 Guinea Pigs - Lucky & Carrot top (3 yrs old)
1 Betta Fish - Squirt (2 yrs old)

-To many Fish to Count!!-
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Playful Pup

Haha thats cool, i like the connecting tubes, it looks like they'd have fun in that
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Playful Pup

Lightbulb

haha thats fab i might get my gerbil something like that tanks for ur inspiration !!!

KITTEN ==== Elise (10 months)
KITTEN ==== Millie (11 months)

====Fatty (3 year oldish)

====Skinny (RIP 2 year oldish)

==== Fanny (RIP 9 Months)
DOG ====Deno (RIP 11years old)
PUPPY ===Alfie (RIP 9 months)

====Bertey (RIP 3 year old)
GERBIL====Nicola (RIP 2 years old)
FISH====80+(RIP)
RIP to Lots more Miss you all
Pink is for Female......Blue is for male

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

lightbulb?

Mom & Dad to:

2 Gerbils - Caramel & Smokee (Brothers)

1 Ball Python - Hermes

2 Cats - Milo & Dusty

R.I.P :

Robo Hamster - Princess (1 1/2 yrs old)
Wild Field Mouse - Joie (1-2 yrs old)

Gray Field Mouse - Peanut (Raised from new born baby, eyes were still closed!!! Died without cause)

2 Lab Mix Dogs - Bear & Princess (10 or 11 & 13 or 14 yrs old)

4 Cats - Butterscotch (15 yrs old) , Thunder (14 yrs old), Misty (15 yrs old) , Nicky (7 yrs old)

1 Corn Snake - Rose (2 yrs old)

2 Guinea Pigs - Lucky & Carrot top (3 yrs old)
1 Betta Fish - Squirt (2 yrs old)

-To many Fish to Count!!-