PetCo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

Angry PetCo

I have been defending PetCo and Petsmart because I think they are two of the few pet stores that care about their animals. Yesterday, however, I went into Petco and their poor gerbils looked so miserable! And to top that off they had the wrong wheel in the gerbil cage. Well needless to say I complained to the manager and he said he would fix it. I don't know if he will or not but I can at least say I tried. I am pround of myself and I am going to make a stand against PetCo. Petsmart hasn't made me mad yet and all the animals look happy so lets hope it stays that way.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I can't say they're good or bad. there are bad petsmarts, and good petsmarts, as well as petcos. Some people like superpets but the one here is terrible. In my opinion it all has to do with animals.
I was just on the peta forum, and the reason why they sell rats and mice as I thnk they call them domestic mice is because of peta. Which means, they mix white mice and fancy mice in the same cage. they made this arrangement with peta so they would stop protesting against them.

*Missy*
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 10:29 PM

I shop at petsmart for my gerbils and other pets as well I live in Arizona and I have no complaints about them. My two gerbils I got from them at two different satores were happy and lively sleak in fur, meaning they had regular baths. Thats my experience with them. but as noted above there are bad pet shops and there are good ones. I too will complain if I see an animal that is not taken care of in a pet shop Good Job Christine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
RAT ADDICT

There are no Petco stores or Petsmart stores here in Newfoundland.We do have Pets Unlimited.There are 2 here as far as I know...1 of them I have a lot of problems with and if I go on about them, this will be a pretty long reply! The other one is really good tho and I give them thumbs up...something I rarely do for a pet store!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 AM

Pet Smart has always been good to me. I shop there for my hamster and dogs. I have to say the petco where I Live is absolutely horrible. I went in there one day to look at hamsters and the employee wouldn't pick them up for us he made me try and do it. I have never owned a hamster before I wtold him and we asked him what kind of things we need he said "I don't know I have to go feed the turtles."

Then we looked at the mice and they didn't have any food in their cages. They had poop all over the cage glass. Then I looked at the rats and they didn't have any food either. only the guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits and hamsters had food.

Two of the mice in the cages were dead for crying out loud!!!

As for petsmart I think they truly care about there animals.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Petsupermarket here sucks, bought hamsters years ago and they had the wet tail disease, went back to the store and all of them had it, there was also 2 dead hamsters in the cage too

I think they got better, but i still hate them, that image of the hamsters will forever stay in my head.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieQC
Petsupermarket here sucks, bought hamsters years ago and they had the wet tail disease, went back to the store and all of them had it, there was also 2 dead hamsters in the cage too I think they got better, but i still hate them, that image of the hamsters will forever stay in my head.
thats so sad

but once i saw this pet store by a movie theatre that was good with their pets, some of my friends bought their pets there!

Last edited by Roxy; 03-24-2006 at 08:31 AM.

Tags
fancy mice, guinea pig, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pet stores, wet tail