Picky gerbil - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Picky gerbil

My gerbil ~ Ember is extremely picky! She hardly eats her seeds and will not touch nutriblock.She only eats veggies or fruit when she feels like it and she won't eat any commercial treats.The only thing I found she eats with no fuss are crickets (which I feed only occassionally as protein)...anyway do anyone else have a gerbil like this? Other then being crazily picky, she is fine! Very active,shiny coat and bright eyes.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 01:41 AM

Flag

Sounds likes She's doing fine to me.

Although I agree she needs to eat more.
Try to intice her by Giving her more of the Stuff she does like, and maybe here and there while giving her what you know she likes throw in something new.

Granted it probably won't work, Cause animals are alot smarter then what Some people give them credit for, But it's worth a shot.
Have you tried feeding her some Cat or Dog Kibble, besides Crickets for the added Protein?

I used to have a Gerbil, and he ate anything, Chew Proof Dishes, his Wheel, Shelves etc, etc.
I named it after My favorite Character off of Stargate SG1,
"Apophis" I believe thats how you spell it, He was the first Gould System Lord introduced in the Series not the Movie.

Just keep trying I'm sure she'll tell you her Complete, Menu likes Soon enough, As for now though Sounds simple enough to remember though...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks...I will try that.I used to give my rats dry dog food when I had my fosters, but didn't even think of trying it with Ember.

She is a crazy little thing, hehe...but I love her.I never saw an animal so picky before!!Oh and believe me, she did "eat" food dishes,water bottles and wheels before I replaced everything with metal,glass or hard plastic...hehe...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Thanks...I will try that.I used to give my rats dry dog food when I had my fosters, but didn't even think of trying it with Ember.

She is a crazy little thing, hehe...but I love her.I never saw an animal so picky before!!Oh and believe me, she did "eat" food dishes,water bottles and wheels before I replaced everything with metal,glass or hard plastic...hehe...

Well what ya know.

Another Gerbil after "Apophis's" Own little Gerbil Heart.

Bless his little Gerbil Heart.
You mentioned Hard Plastic help stop yours.

Nothing "SHORT" of Steel could stop Apophis. And at times I wondered if that was going to work.

Anyway GLAD I could help remind you of something that helped before.

I've found often times, The answer to a Problem, Lies in "SOMETHING" you have long ago forgot about...

Tags
dog food, doing fine, dry dog food, food dishes