please I need help :/ - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

please I need help :/

Hi,

about 3 months ago I got a hamster from a friend. My friend said that his father was walking down the street and a old man just gave him the box with the hamster inside. SO me being a animal lover and having a hamster trail i took him in and named him goku. But when I took him out of the box i noticed a huge bump on the side and became worried. As days passed by the thing grew bigger and bigger and at the time i couldnt find a vet that knew anything about him. Well one day when I took him out of his cage I look and the bump was gone and a huge hole was on the side of him I cleaned it out with rubbing alcohol and clean his cage and as days went by it got better and smaller till it looked like a huge pore. But here is the problem just last night when i was changing his change I looked on his belly and saw some Yellow junk hanging and I thought it was pee on his fur. so I took him in the bathroom to clean it off but when i pushed up his fur a bit a saw two holes. One not so big and the other one pretty big with yellow junk and puss coming out I don't know what is wrong with goku! I cleaned out the holes like i did with his first one again and this morning it looked like it is healing but im starting to get really worried about him! Do you think its some skin disease?? PLEASE HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Wow, I have no clue what that could be! You don't have any exotic vets in your area?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I have never heard of that. I wanna say the first one was a tumor. Perhaps they are cancerous tumors? Otherwise, an infected hole with puss makes me think it's an abscess. The cats here have had them. They're nasty. And they usually have to take antibiotics for 'em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I looked up in the yellow pages for a vet and i only fund one but he is booked totally for the next 2 weeks :/ I was hoping someone on here new what it was so i can do something about it while i wait. :/

and flickering hope Idk if they a tumors Ive never heard about tumors that pop and has puss coming out :/
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

It doesn't sound like a normal tumor. It sounds more like an absess. I had a cat with sort of the same thing. Keep us updated and keep him comfortable.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ya i will hopefully someone will cancel their appointment and i get their spot :/ 2 weeks seems like forever.

Lola

Daisy

Gohan

Itchy

Selena

Frogger
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Just keep it clean as well as possible. Make sure you change his bedding as often as humanely possible so bacteria doesn't build.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I will. thanks for the advice

Lola

Daisy

Gohan

Itchy

Selena

Frogger
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

UPDATE: Goku is better he is moving around and his holes are healed. just letting guuys know

Lola

Daisy

Gohan

Itchy

Selena

Frogger

Tags
bump, hamster, puss, sick