Post your hamster pictures HERE!!! - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 09:07 PM

Aww...cute little one-eyed guy. Is he a dwarf hamster? I love the white ones with black eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 09:16 PM

Thanks! =)

lol, yeah... he is kinda small & hasn't grown any since I got him so I guess he would be a Dwarf Hamster. I should have knew that XD

hmmm. lol ...oooo. wait... is there different kinds though? I wasn't sure if there were different kinds of Dwarf Hamsters...

Like, with dogs... say you have a Toy, then from there... there's still a specific breed... say Chihuahua... well is it like that with hamsters too?
lol please... don't think I'm dumb XD ...I'm just wondering. I'm pretty sure there's not but it never hurts to ask. ^^
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady1015
Thanks! =)

lol, yeah... he is kinda small & hasn't grown any since I got him so I guess he would be a Dwarf Hamster. I should have knew that XD

hmmm. lol ...oooo. wait... is there different kinds though? I wasn't sure if there were different kinds of Dwarf Hamsters...

Like, with dogs... say you have a Toy, then from there... there's still a specific breed... say Chihuahua... well is it like that with hamsters too?
lol please... don't think I'm dumb XD ...I'm just wondering. I'm pretty sure there's not but it never hurts to ask. ^^
Yup, there are a few different kinds of dwarf hamsters. There are Roborovskis, Russian or Winter Whites, Campbells, and Chinese hamsters. Although I never think of Chinese hamsters as being dwarves.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:28 PM

This is my very first Hamster Rollo, I had him when I was a kid (long long ago ).

This is Miaka my foster Hamster. Miaka is super sweet, very friendly and loving, she's also quite old and has never had a 'real' home Since she is older the chances of her being adopted are very low, but that's ok b/c we love having her here!

She is also the biggest hamster i have ever held!

post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaS15
This is Miaka my foster Hamster. Miaka is super sweet, very friendly and loving, she's also quite old and has never had a 'real' home Since she is older the chances of her being adopted are very low, but that's ok b/c we love having her here!
Aww. If I lived closer I would totally adopt her.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady1015
Thanks! =)

He looks like a Campbell's to me. Though I have a hard time telling the difference between Campbell's and Winter Whites....if his fur changes to a darker color ever than he may be a Winter White.

Chinese Dwarfs have longer tails and look kind of mouse-like. Roborovskis are super small, about 2 inches long, and are all pretty much the same color, white bellies and brown/gray on top with little white markings above their eyes.
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:09 PM

Midget, my syrian hamster (I hope this works...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010076222.JPG (38.1 KB, 11 views)
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:59 PM

awww, so cute! ^^
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 03:54 PM

Thank you

Marshmallow's adorable =]
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 08:05 PM

Thanks ^^
I just wish he would hold still for at least just a sec so I could take some more pics of him =|
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Title Thief Victim

I love pics of hampster, All of them are very cute/hansome.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 10:17 PM

These pics are making me miss all of my hamsters. I haven't kept hamsters in about 4 years, and I don't have the same computer now, so I don't have any pictures, but believe me when I say I had a zoo.

It all started when someone at church was giving away their hamster because they were moving. Said it was a boy, so I named him Hercules before I got him home. He was actually a she. So we had a she hamster named Hercules. Hercules was cream colored and sweet. Not long after that, I bought Jack, a cream and white hamster. Decided it would be neat and educational to breed them, just once. So I did some research, found coworkers and school friends who were interested in owning a hamster, and when the time was right, I bred them. Momma Hercules had 10! babies. I found homes for 7 of them, and wound up keeping the other three. Julie looked like her daddy and was the hamster version of Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde. She was tempermental her whole life and you never knew what type of mood she'd be in. Sam looked like her momma. She was about average, I suppose. Truth be told, I don't remember much about her. Tim was the runt of the litter, and the one I had intended on keeping from the start. He looked like a skinny version of Jack and ad a personality that matched. He was very sweet, very tame. Jack outlived both of his sisters. I had him put to sleep a few months after he turned two because he grew a tumor that essentially turned him into a hunchback. He was so sweet and free spirited that I could stand to see him unable to move without toppling over. I knew he wouldn't want to live that way, so we laid him to rest.

Then there was Maxx. He was a gorgeous black bear hamster, with a friendly personality. After putting him through surgery to remove a tumor, I wound up having to put him to sleep because he developed a second tumor. The vet said the second one appeared to be connected to his salivary gland and was unoperable. Rather than see him suffer, we put him to sleep.

Dylan was the only long haired hamster I ever had (cream colored). He was a little escape artist and kept breaking out of any cage we put him in. On his last breakout, we were unable to find him.

My last hammie, Emma, joined the family while I was working him Petco. Her owner came in and basically said, "Take this. I don't want it anymore." So she came to live with me. Emma was a reddish-brownish and white hamster.

I've thought about getting hamsters again, but have grown to prefer rats.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 07:11 PM

cute hamsters you guys have! i've got 8 hamsters!

this is my oldest! her name is Pixie!!

do you think i'm fat? lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luciana...n/photostream/

Tags
bear hamster, black bear, black bear hamster, dark brown, dwarf hamster, dwarf hamsters, red eyes, syrian hamster, teddy bear, vet visit, wet tail