Question about Adult and baby Gerbil - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Question about Adult and baby Gerbil

Hello. My daughter adopted a rescued Honey Cream female 6month old Gerbil (from a lady who rescued her from being snake food at a pet store where she was given when the First owner decided she didn't want her anymore) and 4 days ago bought a 6 week old standard brownish-red/gray(??) female gerbil .. My daughter is 8 years old so we did the research together on the computer... She named her gerbils Fiona(honey cream) and Mulan(baby gerbil). I have done the piece of fabric in each cage for the past 3 days, then last night i switched the pieces to put Fiona's in Mulans and Mulan's in Fiona's.. Well each after a bried sniffing was laying on the fabric's last night and today... So i thought about intro'ing them ... However, I do not have the money to buy a divider for the 10 gal tank that I upgraded and set up for Fiona to do a Split Cage set up.... I do plan to remove the top part and just have the 10 gal tank and put a standard mesh top on it when i intro them together.... Would it be safe to go ahead and do that? or Do i need to continue this and do a cage switching as well????? Mulan is a one story my first pet super pet cage and Fiona is in a really nice set up ... I got pictures but no idea how to submit them onto here......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2 strange new gerbils, gerbils, introducing gerbils, introducing...