Qustion about Gerbil ..... Fat or just Preggo's??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Cool Qustion about Gerbil ..... Fat or just Preggo's???

just curious. fiona appears to be getting big/fat. however her tummy is flat 'n smooth but when she's on all 4's her sides down by her tummy 'n hips look a little bit big... i cleaned her cage today(replaced the bedding and switched the layout around a little bit) and when i went to reach in to pick her up, she jumped and nipped me, didn't break skin or hurt just shocked for she always lets me pick her up. i even had a peace offering in my hand(sunflower seeds, her favorite!)..... She does get plenty of exercise, whenever i change or refresh her bedding, i put her into an exercise ball(gah, i hate it so dont put me down for having to do that, she chewed through her last containment holder and i dont have any other container for her at moment.) i dont do anything extreme when i move her setup around, mainly i alternate on putting the food on the bottom of tank or on bottom level of the upper 3 levels, and/or i move the dust bath house(now empty AGAIN of all dust), and her tunnel log(that she is chewing like crazy). She has created a "home" out of the dust bath house obiviously for she just kicks the dust out of it and puts in the piece of fabric on the bottom to lay on(or at times she will kick the piece of fabric out of it, at the moment its bunched up under the ladder leading to 2nd level).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
behavior, fat, litter, nipping, pregnant