Skittles and Mommy eating popcorn :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Skittles and Mommy eating popcorn :)

The other day I was sitting on my bed watching tv and eating popcorn. I had the bowl sitting on my thigh. My son Takes out Skittles and puts him down on my bed to run around like it gets to everyday, well he is one forever trying to find himself on the floor, he loves the floor lol but on that day as he came up to me trying to slip down he smelled the popcorn, he went to the edge of the bowl got a kernel and sat there on my leg eating the popcorn as I ate too I sure do wish that I had a camera waiting for that because it was just so cute and a picture I would want to share. People who think gerbils are just little rat like creatures just don't know them because they are very very smart and trainable, and smart And... I do believe capable of loving thier owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 08:04 AM

how many kernels did she eat
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

He just ate the soft part of the kernel but he loves popcorn and know he shoudn't have so much salt But I don't let them have it too often, and that day he got it before I could do anything about I wasn't going to take it away from him either lol he was just so cute sitting on my leg and eating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 10:42 AM

AWe that is so cute. I use to feed my gerbils popcorn once and awhile and they loved it too.

I see all my pets beyound rodents and see them all as my special babies and there special personalities.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

I know huh? they have thier own personalities and it gets them loved lol Skittles is an escape artist He is forever trying to get out and when he is, he is wanting to get on the floor, his playground. We let him sometimes when we have the time to watch him, there cords everywhere done there don't want them chewed up, and he is hard to catch too lol My son gets a work out. most of the time he is in the walk about running around and jumping . This cute, when he sees a opening on the top you can see the little wheels turning , he looks so cute just anticpating a break out we have other jumpers too like Princess Peanut for one, she takes after her Daddy all of the first litter actually are good jumpers the other ones are content just running around
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:44 PM

I love giving my babies free space to roam too when I get them to the point where they are tammed enough. Last week I had Arabella run around the bathroom w/the door closed, she got to go explore everywhere. After I picked her up her little heart was beating so fast because she was so excited with what she got to do.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
RAT ADDICT

The little guys are so cute...I find that with my rats, they tend to show their personality more out of their cages!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

you know what I find funny? you walk by thier cages and they run up to you wanting and pleading to be let out. You want to think aww... they want me... yeah right they want you to open the door for them so they can scamper away hehe. But I get them before they get away and give them a kiss then they are gone lol if I am near the cage they come up to where I am for a kiss too at least that is what I want to think I know they love me or else they wouldn't come near instead of running away and hiding They are so eager to gt out too, I look at Noodles because he is by my bed on my night stand and he will be staring at me, looking like he is saying open the door.... He is my hyper one
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:40 PM

When I have Arabella out she sometimes comes up to my feet and sniffes them, I start laughing because it is cute and it tickles. I think it is her way of thanking me for giving her some freedom and saying hi to me at the same time.

The first time I decided to give her free roam of part of the house she looked up at me like to say "Mommy are you on drugs? You uselly get upset when I excape." then i kept telling her to go on, and she kept looking at m weird like to say "Are you really sure mommy?"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

lol mine don't look back, they go for it, when they get down they run before we knew what happened. the first time we put them down by hand they were kinda in shock lol but they were soon on thier way They will come up to our feet sniff then just walk away, if we try to pick them up they run. My son can catch them, but I can't, I just put the cage on the floor and eventually they will go in Are Hamsters as lively as Gerbils?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 07:42 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hamsters are not as lively as gerbils, however they do have their moments.My sister has a hammie who sometimes is the laziest thing,only wanting to lie around and other times he is really active!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 07:49 PM

my hamsters are really hyper. Piper excaped once and it took us 30 minutes to catch her, everytime we caught sight of her she would bolt and find something to hide behind.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

LOL yeah it is like playing tag trying to catch them. we come face to face and before you know it they are gone again. Finally I just give up and put the ones who are still in the cage in a carrier, and the cage on the ground, eventually they come back to it, go in, and then I shut the door, caught! lol My son keeps on going until they get into the bathroom or closet, and they have no chance after that. I bet they know it too. with in a minute the chase is over hehe
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 11:11 PM
RAT ADDICT

My mice are like that and the rats sometimes do that, but normally return to their cages on their own.My gerbil tho loves to run in her ball and sometimes I think she rather live in that ball then in her cage!

* Lisa *