So what's just "One" More? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

So what's just "One" More?

LOL... and how many times have I said that?
So far... 13 LOL :p

Well my prayers have been answered!
In about 5 weeks time I will have a little DEH female! I'm SO excited!
Is there some sorta group for people like me, addicted to gerbils? "Hello my name is Andrea, and well I have a gerbil problem" LOL

Anyways, I have a decision to make.
I have 2 girls who de-clanned a few weeks back. My young Spotted Argente female decided to have an additude problem and do this ...

to my beautiful Spotted Burmese.
The breeder i recieved both from said she had had problems like this where some females at her (the argentes) age get a bit aggressive. But then it passes as the mature.
I had thought this was probably it, and decided after having them split caged (which didn't work when i put them together) to seperate completly, and then re-intro after a few weeks have gone by and they have forgotten one another.

My Burmese is loney, she's an absolute sweet heart, the Argente seems to have no problem living alone, and to me it looks like she's a loner
So should i try and split cage them for the next 5 weeks, and if things don't work out then put the DEH with my Burmese?
Or just wait the 5 weeks and don't bother with these two they probably won't get along?

BTW - this was my first 'blood shed' fight I've had within my clans. And to me, it looks like it was a pretty serious one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congratulations on the new baby, look forward to seeing some pictures when you get her

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 03:20 PM

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

About the gerbils... hmm... the problem is, if it works with Shelby and Mazeratti together, with who will you put the DEH? I mean, I think you should try to put the 2 together, but if they get along, I don't think that you should add a third female to the clan. If Mazy and Shelby get along, I don't think a third gerbils should be added since it complicates things. So.... that's the dilemma... I say you can try it, but if it does work, then you need to know what are you going to do with the little DEH girl... and if it doesn't work, well.. it's obvious that she should go with Mazy.

Oh! And where are you getting her from? From Sandy? Is she Gumba's daughter? 8) I want a DEH! lol.. I want 1 of each color! 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Oh! And where are you getting her from? From Sandy? Is she Gumba's daughter? 8) I want a DEH! lol.. I want 1 of each color! 8)
LOL, yes she is from Sandy, and she is a Gumba daughter
And I want one of every colour too! LOL

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear.
I won't be putting all three togther. It's either going to be Shelby & Mazerati again, or Mazerati and the new DEH togther.
If Mazi & Shebly get along, Then I will get a friend for the DEH (probably a litter mate, a nutmeg perhaps ).
I'm just not sure if I should split cage the two girls again or not...I'm kinda of thinking it's worth a try, and if it dosn't work out well then it will prove Shelby is just one of those gerbils who likes less company. I just don't want to have anything happen to Mazi again.

My family think's I'm totally nuts, So I'm going to keep it quiet, I doubt anyone will even notice I got another one LOL
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 06:16 PM

Yeah, just be careful about it and if you think Shelby isn't going to allow company, then leave her to live alone, but since you told me that Sandy told you that they grow out of that phase, I think you should give them another chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaS15
My family think's I'm totally nuts, So I'm going to keep it quiet, I doubt anyone will even notice I got another one LOL
LOL, my family thinks so too... and I did the same... when I got Proteus I just snuck him in and no one has noticed him yet (even though my nieces do know about him... lol)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 07:19 PM

>> BTW - this was my first 'blood shed' fight I've had within my clans. And to me, it looks like it was a pretty serious one. <<

You want serious? When Tommy, the dominant very smart gerb in a 20 gallon with his two black brothers and golden uncle, Cliffy, died a natural death, Dill and Phil fought a terrible epic battle for supremacy - Phil suffered a wound on the abdomen that proved mortal - and Dill looked like this!! Dill survived almost a year, following his recovery, living peacefully with Cliffy. But Dill looked messed up! Hard to believe he pulled through.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

aawwww... poor guy.
My firend has 2 males de-clan, kind of like my situation where the one gerbil didn't stand up for itself and fight back and just got a lick-in.
Her's though was showing bone on it's tail in the giant peices missing.
You have to wonder what were they thinking? what made them do this to there cagemate after all this time living with them.
Maybe it's a messy divorce in gerbil society!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Poor dude. Looked painful. AndreaS15, nice gerbil.

Tags
split cage