star - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

star

Well , I have had Star for approx. 3 years. We bought her with her two sisters Toffee and Redline who are both in heaven. Recently, Star has moved into my room, and because she is living alone, I am worried that she may be lonely, but she seems to be okay. Should I introduce another gerbil or leave her alone. Also, Star is missing her back left paw; dunno what happend to her there. Advice appreciated!!!

The Gang!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RIP MOJO
<3

The 'Goo's

The Terminator Fish~ Backwards Eddie
& more!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well if shes missing her paw, go too the vets! And one off my hamsters shared a cage with her sister, when she died, she was quiet for a bit, but i held her more and it seemed too help! She new she had me too get some fuss from she she was ok with it!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Adolescent Pup

But keep an eye on her for a few days just too make sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Introducing female gerbils is very difficult! You can't just put them together most times...at least that's what I've experienced and read. Please research before you do that. Depending on how old she is then it might be best because they are very social, but again RESEARCH! Look at the American Gerbil Registery...I think that's the sight. Haven't seen it in a while but look for that. They have a lot of information on how to introduce them!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

when i bought her the pet store said that there was nothing wrong with her paw and that she had been checked out by a vet, it doesnt cause her any problems

The Gang!
RIP MOJO
<3

The 'Goo's

The Terminator Fish~ Backwards Eddie
& more!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Did you find the Gerbil site I was suggesting? That has some good info! Wish I could help more

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out

Tags
gerbil, introducing gerbils, lonely