stupid petshop - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Exclamation stupid petshop

this is why i shouldnt go into pet shop. so let the story start today i went into a pet shop which i try to avoid i was looking for some special food for tobi because he only eats really small kibbles or wet food which i dont like feeding cuz then hes smelly when he farts. anyways as i was walking by i saw the feeder bin and couldnt help but look in there where two baby gerbils.so i went over and picked them up there about 7 weeks ill post picks soon . i asked the store guy why these guys where in the feeder bin and not in with the other gerbils who where 14 dollars each he said because they where older gerbils (anyone in the right mind can see they where babies) so i lifted them out even thou he yelled at me not to said that they bit but i didnt get bit. i took them to the cash and told him i wanted them and he told me i was nuts that they bite everyone who touches them. not once have i been bit. he gave me them for free i was sooo mad that i gave him a speech they where covered in pine bedding and the bin was filthy, and so he asked me to leave but adleast i saved these two he was selling them 2 for 3 dollars but i got them for free poor babies there both girls, i have named them mambo (black one) tang (sandy colour one ) i will have pics up soon , but grrr how could someone do this to such cuties

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 01:46 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Not to nitpick...and no offense..but why would you want to stop feeding him canned food because of smelly farts? Canned food is MUCH better for them than dry food, which they were never biologically designed to eat, :/
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

cuz the canned food makes him sick, unforunatley

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Gonna wanna try a different brand of canned food - most inexpensive brands coming from Iams, Purina, or Science Diet not only have the same nasty ingredients, but are more water and less protein and cats have to be fed MUCH larger quantities in comparison to a canned food that's water content is around 75%.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

iv tried most of them his stomach just doesnt agree with them, im just doing what my vet suggested ,

By Anonymous
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Playful Pup

Thumbs down

Thats horrible!!! most of the "adoption" animals in our local petshop are only in adoption because they are to old, but at least they have a good home !!! i cant believe that !!!!!!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

Same here!!! God sake!!!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Pet shops are stupid, honestly. I went in there and taught THEM that gerbils love dust baths and crickets! One even had a wheel that the gerbils tail could get broken on! I called up the manager and told him they had the wrong wheel and he had to look it up! Said "oh you're right! I better order the right one for them" YOU SELL THE RIGHT ONES! WHY ORDER IT?

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Adolescent Pup

That realy does make me mad!!! They use the ones with gaps and i watch them and think...god what if they break a leg or something!! I would never give my hamsters any off those wheels!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Newborn Pup

My my that sounds terrible. I had a similar view of that at my local petstore and I just hate seeing those little gerbals in trash like bins, those sick bettas floating around in there own guck, and loose grasshoppers hopping around. Ugh! The only thing I trust petstores with is quality dog and cat food....well it better bee quality for what I pay for it!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Guarded by Waffles

LOL I prefer the websites that I trust. With Gunny I went to ferret.com There is also horse.com dog.com and a few others. They show you what others they have on those websites. I also sort of trust petsmart since they don't do sell dogs or cats, they rent to a shelter.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out

Tags
stupid petshop