sudden dislike - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

sudden dislike

one of my hamsters cocoa has been really very tame for as long as i have had him it took maybe 3 days for him to warm up now i got him potty trained and everything but very suddenly yesterday i was changing his food /water and he bite me and drew blood and today he bite me again this time held on with all he had he is in a 10 gal tank and i was able to raise him to the top of the tank before he just let go of my finger the same one of course bleeding and bruised and as soon as i go in the cage to take him out or put something in he is all kinds of batty swating me and biting me and sqeaking until i get out could it be the diabetes or maybe the other hamsters i know it could be but i wash my hand everytime i move from cage to cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Adolescent Pup

well my gerbils did the same a your hamster, she bit me so i used a cloth, then swappped to some cotton gloves so she could still feel the material and now im useing my bare hands sometime to hold her i dunno what happed to her to start biting me.

mabe your hamster is in a really moody mood and dosent like something your doing?

R.I.P gerbil- tiger
R.I.P gerbil- Benny
R.I.P Hamster - Holly
R.I.P Gerbil- Badger
R.I.P Cat- Blacky
R.I.P bird- jem
Forever i will remeber and miss you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i miss you tocco and the other babies
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Some hamsters just do not like to be held or touched even when they are tame ( as i have learned LOL ) But maybe you scared him and he still remembers? Maybe hes sick and is just in pain and hes taking it out on you?
I will bump this thread up for you, so other people with better answers can help!
Good luck and keep trying!

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

all that makes sense i think maybe since she is diabetic and i took all her sugars away all of a sudden he didnt like that so i gave him a tiny bit yesterday and i was able to pick him up for a few seconds he has a personality that i surprised fits into that little body
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Playful Pup

maybe there was something on your hands she didnt like?
Next time you put your hands in , wash them really good .
My gerbils used to bite me, aswell, but then they had theire babies and stopped biting me completely

Pround owner of :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1 male guinea pig - Charlie

1 male black lab - Monty

Tags
biting, sudden dislike