Two new hampsters - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Two new hampsters

Hi Everyone,
I've owned hamsters before and I loved having them, but my last one passed a way and I just couldn't get another one quite yet. Well I was at the pet store today and I seen a mom and a baby. They said they were Panda Bear Hamsters. Well their cute lil faces got to me and I had to bring them home....I already had a cage at home that my last one was in... The mom is tri-colored and the baby ( which is a male) is a creame color. Their really beautiful. I haven't named them yet. So if anyone can think of a name that would be great ! I'll post some pics as soon as they settle enough for me to get some good ones...

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:05 PM

Congrats on the new additions! I'd love to see some pictures! Since the baby is a male you'll want to house them seperately or you'll be having unwanted litters soon. I don't know how old the baby is, or at what age hamsters can reproduce, but I'm sure someone else will have some more information on that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks~ The baby is supposed to be 6 weeks old.. But I'm not sure. He's already in his own cage and he seems to be doing very well being by his self. Although I'm not sure where I read it but I remember reading that hamsters do very well living alone. I've thought of names for them. The female is Tequila and the lil boy is Zorro...I'll put pics up when I get them...Thanks

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>

Tags
bear hamster, pet store