Unfriendly Momma,will she ever be sweet again? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Well, she moved the babies to the aquarium by herself! They are opening their eyes and wandering over the aquarium. Again, thanks to all who awnsered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Part of the Pack

I think you are fine with them in that cage. I have that cage. When I got my baby, he was really tiny, I guessed maybe only 3 weeks old, the sad part is that I got him at petco. He never escaped through the bars. as long as you keep a lox level of shavings or bedding, they shouldn't even be able to reach the bars until they're older, and by then they will be too big to squeze out. But the most important thing is: have fun with them while they are little! They grow up so fast! Good luck! It looks like you got a nice momma on your hands.

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 09:21 PM

honestly a good mother will have a nice big nest for her little ones which may meen it reaches the bars. so no i would say they really would not have been safe. usualy they are fine however campbells can run different sizes. I have alot of them and some are big while some are very small. it has to do with the parents and genetics so they give that warning because I do in fact have a full grown female that is very small that could probably get through the bars. [she is about the size of a bigger robo] its great to hear that mommy is doing so good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! Yes she is a very good momma.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 PM

wow. Shadowhamster knows a lot! LOL!

Tags
dwarf hamster, dwarf hamsters, wire cage