Urgent!! Lost Hamster!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Urgent!! Lost Hamster!!!

Please help me! I just noticed Patches wasn't in her cage and I have searched the house over and can't find her. Please help!! What can I do to find her??? Where might she be hiding? I have found 2 piles of cat food where she's stored some up over night. My cat has never bothered the hamsters before, but I can't guarantee that that isn't a possiblity.

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh my gosh!! That has happened to me once too and it is very scary. Hmm if you haven't already maybe make sure she isn't in the bathroom and keep Baby in there, just in case, because it is very hard to tell how your kitty will react. When Snickers got out, we found her in a big pile of stuffed animals. Maybe you could put some peanut butter on a plate and set it in the room because the smell is very strong and it might bring her to it and then you can catch her.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks so much!! How well can they climb? Can they climb like bookshelves or smooth surfaces? How 'bout material things? Oh gosh, I'm just sick that this happened. Wonder if I'd have better luck at night?

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Patches Has Been Found!!!!!

PATCHES HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much for your help, CR!! The peanut butter worked almost immediately!! Plus, after I put the peanut butter down, I remembered how she hates the vaccuum so I ran it in each room, and bam, I saw her coming out sniffing the peanut butter!!! I think me and my daughter about kissed her to death!!!!!! Thank you again for your quick response and help!!! You very well may have saved Patches' life!!!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Yes! I am so happy that you found her!! That worked with my friends hamster too! Also I am pretty sure they are not the best at climbing smooth surfaces (I know a little late to be posting this ) but they can climb up fabrics with their little nails.

I am so so happy!!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am glad she has been found!

That happened to me TWICE when I had JJ.He got out the day I got him and then another time.It is a scary experiance,so I understand what you went through.Fortunatly Patches is safe and sound again though!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah! I was sick at my stomach thinking about her being scared and hungry and thirsty--which she was very, not to mention all the thoughts of what could have happened to her!!! I just couldn't believe it happened!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I know what itys liek with excapies. I onlyhad one never found. Btu my male dwarf hamster dusty got out about 3 days ago. I had feed them and then feed the Guinea pigs adn I opened the door and put thier food in mine you i feed his dad 2 brothers and 2 others and whenI went to close the door I felt somethign furry I about screamed till I seen it was a hammie. Thankfully he came right to me, but he was up on a shelf and I can figer out hwo he got out or down with out being hurt. but when I 1st got my Gerbils they all got lose and no one noticed till I wen to pull the blanket up on me and about screamed becuase they were all currle up in it. The boys adn girls got out both thankfully no babies. But there was one white one left adn you woudl thinkshe woudl be easy to find and catch nope. I had 4 cats adn was afreind they might have gotten her. Well one day a wek went buy kjnowing she was still alive becuase I left food nad water out or it was a mouse and my cat was by the water dish and all the sudden came running over to me and jumped up she rat inthe cuport that we keep the pet food in and I got her. but tillthis day the cats ae scared to death of them. Dont know why but I'm glad. I renames her Alose becuase she was a lose in my house the longest.
I'm glad you founf her. Good Idea with the valcum I will try that next time mine ever get out leave their favorit foodds our snakes out and try to drive them out of hiding.
Diamond