Veggies for hamsters? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Question Veggies for hamsters?

What are some treats that you give your little hammies? I have heard that they really like carrots and some other veggies but I did not know that you could give them that actually! haha I wanted to ask before I tried anything new. I was not sure if they could eat that type of stuff or not. Thanks for any help in advance,

-Taban

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:49 PM

http://critterscoop.com/FAQ/FAQ_gene...whentofeed.htm

Is best not to try a lot of new things at once, as it might hurt their tummies, but that article on my site lists most common things a Syrian can eat.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

Wow thank you so much! I just recently got a teddy bear hamster and so far he has been wonderful! I am not trying to do too much in one day. I have been researching and found out that patience pays off haha Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

my hamster used to love carrots, wouldnt eat any other veggies tho. dont give him too much tho, i used to use a cap to a milk jug to put fresh food in. and if your hamster hides or stores his food in a corner (which most do) you will want to make sure hes not putting fresh veggies in there, as they will spoil and make him ill.

I used to only give him fresh veggies the morning of cage cleaning day, that way he would have plenty of time to nibble them, but in a few hours i could clean his cage and toss his leftovers

My Furry Family
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect
Wow thank you so much! I just recently got a teddy bear hamster and so far he has been wonderful! I am not trying to do too much in one day. I have been researching and found out that patience pays off haha Thank you so much!
I just got a new syrian, too, though no where near my first. You're very welcome. There's a long, indepth article on there about taming and just about anything else you would want to know. HamsterFAQ idex page is here- http://critterscoop.com/FAQ/HamsterFAQ.htm
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Still Waiting

jennawing, wow, you are amazing! haha Thank you so much! I have learned some much about him already. Thank you alot.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

my hamster loves cooked corn every now and then..

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

Tags
bear hamster, cage cleaning, teddy bear, teddy bear hamster