Whats your hammies favorite treats? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Talking Whats your hammies favorite treats?

Just looking for new ideas for treats to feed Dexter
Post pictures of your hamster if you want ! I lovee them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:11 PM
sez
Newborn Pup

broccoli and popcorn are the two biggies, they also love banana chips (rare treat, i know, they're sugary) and peanuts in shells.

Pistachio nuts (unroasted in shells) are a new one ... they seem to adore them but can't get into the shells properly ... amusing to watch though .

peanuts (not in shell) are good for amusement factor too as one grabs hold and kinda turns in circles while nomm-ing as the other chases her round in circles trying to get a bite
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
is a little "special"

I dont have hammies anymore, but when I did, Yogies and Crunch-a-Rounds where a huge hit. I tried them too LOL, and they acually taste REALLY good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:02 PM

Snowflake LOVES broccoli! He also likes pumpkin seeds a lot.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Mine all love broccoli, apple, grapes-red, and celery!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I don't have any hamsters at the moment but unsalted popcorn, nuts, yogurt drops, and raisins (very, very sparingly--especially if you have a dwarf!) were always favorites .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

My hamster loves yogurt treats and we always give her strawberries and lettuce once a week in her food. Plus once a month we give her a tiny tiny bit of real yogurt. Yeah like everyone else said Peanuts in shells are great for hamsters and mice, they love them. [[At least mine do!!]]

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

some of these i never even though of before! Thanks Dexter absolutely loves those yogurt drops.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Yeah, yogies and pumpkin seeds are defo my hammies favourite She Loves a peice of apple to!!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 AM
Adolescent Pup

absoloutly favorite for almost al of my animals is dehydrated bananas, oranges and pineapple peices. it kept all the gerbils happy munchin in their cage, got the bunnies out from under the bed, made the hammies cheeks huge and made the bird like me a lil. ohh and my little ones like peices of cat and dog food and bits of cereal every once in a while

Cat=1
Degus=2
Dogs= 4
Gerbils=8 (more on the way soon)
Hamsters=2
Parrot=1
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 03:56 AM

crackers dog biscuits too
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 PM

Can hamsters have bird pellets?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM

My babies are crazy over spinach! It's the only food they'd take straight from our hands in the beginning when they were still getting used to us.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 AM

Mine likes cereal bread! HAHA
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 07:12 PM

never was succesful with the yogurt drop but here is my list
dog biscuts , warm baby cereal (loved by all six), puffed wheat cereal (the human kind hehe), pumpkin seeds, broccoli, and something i just found today at walmart called baked crossiants for small animals, i know there is a ton more but im drawing a blank now

Tags
favorite, hammie, hamster, happy, treat