Yikes...moving on! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Gerbil & Hamster Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all things gerbil or hamster related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Yikes...moving on!

As you know,I have been interested in a hammie and have been researching and everything.Also I wanted a black bear syrian...

I went into the pet store to get some crickets for my geckos and decided to look at the black bears...they are $25!!!!! WHAT THE! Now I knew they would be more then the normal syrians,dwarves and teddy bears....but didn't think THAT much!

I really doubt I will be getting a black bear now...as thats the only place to get them!I really don't wanna pay that much.So I will have to look in the papers when I eventually decide on my hammie...and will have to settle with a regular syrian (most likely)...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 PM

YIKES!!!

Here hamsters are labeled as either "fancy hamsters" and sold at $5-$7 or labeled as "angora hamsters" and sold at $6-$9. No matter what color they are... As a matter of fact, I adopted Proteus at my college for free... heh
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Yea, here whenever they classify it as some sort of "bear" it suddenly becomes 20$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 PM

Wow, i have never heard of a hamster being over $10 here.
Look in the paper, and call your local rescues, I'm sure there is a sweet hammy waiting for a loving home.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Wow. That's alot!!

Some of the fancy hamsters here get to be almost $15 but normally hamsters cost around $10.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Over here in the UK we don't have all the different names (like black bear, fancy hamster etc they are just plain old syrians here) we just break the breeds into two catagories. We have hamsters (syrians) and dwarves (russians, chinese etc...) and the price only varies between the two depending upon where you go. Syrian hamsters here tend to work out at around $7 and dwarves maybe slightly more $8-$10 each

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaS15
Wow, i have never heard of a hamster being over $10 here.
Look in the paper, and call your local rescues, I'm sure there is a sweet hammy waiting for a loving home.
I will have to look in the paper,as there are NO rodent rescues AT ALL here,thats why I want to start one.Even the SPCA and Humane Society never has small animals,I contacted them a couple years ago to see if they had rats,but no they didn't.They only take dogs,cats and sometimes rabbits.And one time a potbelly pig.So it will be the papers for me!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 10:02 PM

Check with your local vets offices too. Sometimes people will post flyers to rehome their little ones.

Tags
black bear, black bears, humane society, pet store, syrian hamster, syrian hamsters, teddy bear