Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Blue Spa Cat Food

Tags
indoor cat
30K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  mthomas92 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard of this. I keep meaning to post about this but I keep forgeting. I went to Petsmart to pick up some litter and saw this new food. I used to feed the cats Wellness but they had a nice size sample bag of Blue Spa for $2 so I figured I would give it a try. Well my cats attacked me the minute I opened the bag (always a good sign) I got the indoor cat formula which helps reduce hairballs, controls weight, reduces waste smell, etc. It is very expensive but I finally found something that Magilla's stomach can handle. I would have to overdose him on Petromalt to I could contain the puke to every 3rd day. They have been on the food for 2 or 3 weeks now with not a single problem. There were no digestive problems with the switch, and I didn't do a real careful job of switching foods either. I noticed my cats are much more active and their coats are a little sleeker. Shedding isn't too bad either and I'm at the height of shedding season right now.

It got pretty good reviews on the internet. The only real cons are that it is pricey and its not sold all the place. Here is a link to the site: Blue Spa Cat Food

#2 ·
Wow Dena, I have never heard of this before!!! It sounds like a great food! :thumbsup: Keep us posted on how they do on it! :D

I love Wellness, too, as you know.. lol. I had that problem with Ginger and other foods upsetting her tummy (like Magilla), but we determined she has an allergy to fish. This food sounds like a great one, and easy to find at PetSmart, I did a search with my zip. Now, my thing is one of my kitties is getting hairballs every few days. (I think Snuggles or Ginger, I'm pretty sure it's not Smokie) Have you found it reduces hairballs with your guys yet? :scratch:

#3 ·
After the couple of weeks Eve coughed up a HUGE hairball. My husband was astonished and asked me how long do you think that it took to collect?! I don't know if it was the food that helped her get that out of her system but she has been fine ever since. I am surprised at how much healthier they are looking lately. Magilla brought in a chronic virus so during spring they all get a little under the weather but they actually seem better on the food. I'm just so excited that Magilla has kept his food down. They do have a formula strickly for hard to controll hairballs but this one seems to be working quite well. Believe me when I tell you that the hairball she coughed up needed to come out whether it was the food or not, I'm grateful LOL.

#4 ·
OMG about Eve's hairball!! :thud: I bet it was the food that helped get that out, too! I know it's better when they get it out, just here there is something on the floor every other day. Ack! I'm trying to brush Snuggles more to get dead hair off, because it's usually black hair so I'm assuming it's him.
I'm so glad they are all doing well on this food so far, especially Magilla!! :D

#5 ·
I've done a lot of research on cat foods and their ingredients because of cats with FLUTD. Blue Spa refused to tell me the pH of their canned cat food. Secretiveness is a big warning sign that there is something they need to hide. So, if your cat is male, I'd stay away from Blue Spa foods, as it is apparently too high (causing struvite crystals) or too low (which can cause calcium oxolate crystals).

So, my advice is to STAY AWAY!

#9 ·
Your cat will love the taste. You’ll love the fact that she’s eating healthy. Each delectable flavor of BLUE Spa Select canned natural cat food contains only the finest natural ingredients—real meat, whole grains, nutritious veggies and fruit—and no chicken or poultry by-product meals, no artificial preservatives, no corn, wheat or soy.

#11 ·
Blue Spa Cat Food's humble beginnings were actually inspired by a dog. Blue Buffalo Cat Food is produced and manufactured by the Blue Buffalo Company. The owners' dog, Blue passed away due to cancer. Not being satisfied with the vet's response, they went ahead and did their own research and developed pet food of their own. Blue Buffalo takes pride in using only the finest, all-natural human grade ingredients in their products. Having started with food for dogs, they have expanded their product line and developed cat food as well.

#15 ·
VeRUS has a great cat food - they are great about staying on top of nutritional requirements and they have NEVER had a food recall! You can go tho their website & contact them & get samples of their food. It's a great way to try it out before you buy it - but I can tell you, go ahead and buy it, you won't be sorry!

#17 ·
I havent heard of that brand. My cat is a very picky eater and only eats blue buffalo cat food. Ill try to get blue spa next weekend, maybe my cat will love it. I also find it easier to feed my cat with an automatic feeder. If anyone is looking to buy one, you can check here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.