Carefresh bedding - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Newborn Pup

I just adopted a bun this last weekend. I didn't have any litter and the guy was out when he gave me the bunny. so i just used shredded newspaper / phonebook paper and hay. he seemed to like it pretty well but the newspaper soaked easily so i figured i'd try a litter. I bough CareFresh the other day at Petco because they didnt have any Yesterday's News (i wanted to try orginally). And for 2 days my buns didn't seem to poop or pee! he's been leaving a small amount of droppings around the carpet and in his box (he's a free-roam apartment bunny). I thought maybe something was wrong, then I realized it might be the litter?? i just dumped out the litter today, and put shredded newspaper in there, and wa-la! He's sitting in the box as we speak, eatin his hay n poopin away!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Adolescent Pup

I personally like Carefresh bedding, but everything works differently for different people. If you get a chance to try Yesterday's News, I would definitely do it. We used to use it for our chinchillas years ago and I once used it in the cat litter box... THAT didn't go as well as the chinchilla litter boxes LOL.

Great information on
Great information on choosing
Great information on

Mommy to: Cocoa and Gracie (Siamese ratties), Lilly and Mercedes (fancy ratties), Minnie Mouse (dumbo eared rattie), Nova, Lucy and Titan (male Bettas), tropical 15 -and -10 gallon tanks, and a kitten named Mowgli. Plus two human kids!

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 02:51 AM
canis lupus familiaris

I HATE Carefresh!!! It is extremely over priced and really the only one that seemed to work was the Ultra. If you can, get your hands on some Cell-sorb. Its like Carefresh but actually works and seems a lot softer. None of my animals liked Carefresh...my chin would throw it out of his cage and my rats would just move it over and pee on the base. They liked Cell-sorb!

YN is ok but didn't really keep down the smell. Since they are litter trained, just get the cat one. Same thing but cheaper and comes in a bigger bag. Sweat Scoop was awesome and clumps without chemicals. Of course it doesn't clump as well as clay but makes scooping and finding wet spots a bit easier. It is edible (just wheat) but I had to stop using it because the buns thought it was yummy. Eco bedding = great but again...the cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Newborn Pup

I use Carefresh, I find it too expensive, but it's generally good. I mean, my other option here is woodshavings, and it's smelly and dusty. By far the worst for me was Vitakraft's Country Home...weird chemical smell and dusty too!

"You...killed...Socrates...the only...friend...I ever...had"

Tags
care fresh