Carefresh Pet Bedding - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Newborn Pup

I tried Carefresh litter (the grey one) once ... and I'll never use it again. It was awful. It stuck to the pan like paper-mache and it was the only time my PD's cage ever smelled. And it was a lot heavier than my aspen chips, which by the way have 99.99% no dust. My baby only sneezes when he adventures under my bed, lol

Aspen chips and Carefresh are the only things I've really tried for litter and I must say I much prefer the aspen Though one time we had an experiment with using his Kay-Tee timothy hay as litter ... but only because he refused to eat the stuff ... but that's another thread entirely

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

i HATE the grey carefresh. i havent tried the white, i think poop would show REALLY bad on such bright white bedding.
the grey STANK, and was wayyy to dusty for the households sensitive nose's. it didnt control the odor in my cages nearly as much as my aspen does. carefresh is tooooo exspensive and if it gets wet it meldews quickly. so basically... i hate it and will never use it again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Playful Pup

ultra carefresh

ultra carefresh (is white) I think is the best. I don't lile the regular that's green I think it has a smell to it. It absorbs the urine smell so that I can't even notice that I have a hamster. It costs a little more but I never use anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

I find that Carefresh is good, but it is TOO expensive. I tried making a home version...that didn't work out very well. But I found that it smells the same come changing time compared to wood shavings. I stick with wood shavings now for my degus.

Look Into My Voice
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I switched Harry over to Carefresh and it has been great for him. I used it a few years ago and it was horrible, but now it works great. Harry's rear end has become cleaner since I switched him over to it. Charlie on the other hand does better with aspen, so that's what she's staying on.
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Newborn Pup

I use it and its fine. I've tryed all tipes of bedding for my hamsters and they all seem the same to me

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Playful Pup

I know this is a few weeks old, but I use a mix of the carefresh from the stores, and this cheaper version that I found at Kmart...it's called ComfortCare, and it's really soft and absorbent. I love Carefresh, but sometimes it feels kind of hard. I use the combo in all of my chinnie's cages, and they seem to like it.

Animal Lover through and through!

Annie and Mishter Wittle!

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter... the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment, and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied. "I created You."
~ Jim Willis, Author, Animal Rights Activist
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Newborn Pup

I use the grey carefresh for my hedgie. I don't really care for it. The smell is terrible, but i will have to try the white stuff! I've tried aspen and the hedgie got an eye infection from it.
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Adolescent Pup

I use carefresh. I like it a lot. My gerbils seem to like it better than aspen. They love to tear it up to make their own little nests.
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Curmudgeon

For me it worked best for my rabbits. My experience was similar to Natalie's. My rabbit threw less of it out of her litterbox, and her bottom was cleaner.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

i know my rabbit would eat it. and that will cause impaction, etc

post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Newborn Pup

We use the carefresh and really like it. We thought about using the ceder, but one of my ratties is acctually allergic to it. But the carefresh keeps the smell down, but I do change it about twice a week just to make sure its nice a clean for them.

So for, it has worked great for me.

~ Jessica ~ Mommy to Thomas (2/23)
And:
55 gallon heavily planted goldfish tank
Big Red and Raspberry my two male betta's
Kittie my 3 yr old cat
Sophie my 5 yr old himi cat
Lucy my tan and white rattie
Muffins my dark brown rattie

post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Cedar bedding is really bad for all small animals. The oils and scent can make the animals very sick.
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Part of the Pack

Carefresh is the only bedding I will only ever use. I live in Oklahoma and the only kind I can find is at Walmart, it is called CritterCare.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Part of the Pack

I love carefresh =O!! It's super absorbent (at least the really espensive kind I get XD) It allows me to see Spirit better, and best of all, no chance of my baby getting mites!
My second favorite was Grape wood bedding, but I havn't been able to find it since I bought the last two bags at the petstore. if you have escpecially smelly animals (*koff* FERRETS *koff*) then you should get this, just don't use it outside or freeze it because it might be able to contain mites. It smells wonderful, seriously, I used it on my rat and I couldn't stop smelling him XD

Tags
ball python, carefresh bedding, corn cob, corn cob bedding, doing fine, dried pine, dried pine shavings, feline pine, guinea pig, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, litter box, litter boxes, pet supplies, pine bedding, pine shavings, prairie dog, prairie dogs, timothy hay, wood shavings