Carefresh Pet Bedding - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 10:00 PM

Let me add this about Kaytee Soft Sorbent bedding. It is not that good for small animals that love to burrow, such as mice and dwarfs: the bedding will not hold together and collapses. But it is great for guinea pigs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

sorry I hate carefresh and the like. It doesn't absorb odor and is expensive. I have too many cages to use carefresh.

*Missy*
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:05 PM

So what do you use?

It is less expensive that Kaytee Soft Sorbent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:02 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave
So what do you use?

It is less expensive that Kaytee Soft Sorbent.
I have been hearing good stuff about this Kaytee bedding,but cannot seem to find it anywhere...is there a website that I could order it from to try?

I use aspen.For a large bag it is $6.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 12:04 AM

Ooh yeah, petco is having a sale on carefresh, buy one get one.
Should still be on, but then again, I'm no expert on petco sales. Ah, tehy have a website, you could check it off if anyone really wants to know.
post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:14 PM

i am really glad i read this thread. we just lost a guinea pig and before that we were using cedar bedding. i just bought something called all pet pine--there is a guarantee on the back that it contains no chemicals or scents and won't harm resp. systems. it was kind of expensive but not as bad as carefresh and from what i am reading i am glad i didn't put the money into it. i wish i would have known the effects of cedar bedding earlier and i never would have used it. i didn't see aspen anywhere at pet supplies plus where do you guys find it?
post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 PM

We use it for our hamsters and gerbils.
post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 10:13 PM
RAT ADDICT

I buy aspen at Wal-Mart...they sell big bags for $6...so it isn't too expensive!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
I buy aspen at Wal-Mart...they sell big bags for $6...so it isn't too expensive!
all i have found at our wal-mart was cedar and pine. i will have to double check. does it look like thebags of those 2?
post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 08:48 PM
RAT ADDICT

The aspen I buy is shredded, so it looks like shredded wood chips.It is very light in color and soft to the touch, I think the brand I get is "Hartz"...I need to buy another bag on monday, so I could take a pic of the bag to show you what it looks like.I am not sure how the Wal-Mart is set up there, but here...the aspen is in big bags and they are usually on the bottom shelf where all the rodent supplies is kept...I will try and get a pic of what it looks like, so then you will have a better idea.If they don't sell it there, maybe they could order it in for you?

* Lisa *

post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
The aspen I buy is shredded, so it looks like shredded wood chips.It is very light in color and soft to the touch, I think the brand I get is "Hartz"...I need to buy another bag on monday, so I could take a pic of the bag to show you what it looks like.I am not sure how the Wal-Mart is set up there, but here...the aspen is in big bags and they are usually on the bottom shelf where all the rodent supplies is kept...I will try and get a pic of what it looks like, so then you will have a better idea.If they don't sell it there, maybe they could order it in for you?
that would be cool of ya! if walmart doesn't have it i can check a couple other stores too. or see if they can order it too. thanks
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 PM
RAT ADDICT

Here is a pic of what it looks like.Just bought a bag today.There were only 2 bags left!!

* Lisa *

post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Zouave---I use aspen

*Missy*
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:35 AM

I like the very loose aspen, I bought a bag like that one shown and it is hard I like the looser one. thats what I am buying from now on, even if it is going to cost more, I am also going to check out Walmart to see what they have, I normally go to petsmart for my gerbils needs.
post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I like the loose aspen too. The kind I get from PETCO goes EVERYWHERE when I try to fill cages...haha

*Missy*

Tags
ball python, carefresh bedding, corn cob, corn cob bedding, doing fine, dried pine, dried pine shavings, feline pine, guinea pig, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, litter box, litter boxes, pet supplies, pine bedding, pine shavings, prairie dog, prairie dogs, timothy hay, wood shavings