Carefresh Pet Bedding - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 PM
RAT ADDICT

What do mean by loose and hard??

The aspen I buy (the one pictured) is loose, it gets everywhere!And feels soft to me and not hard!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 05:29 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

The only packages of aspen I can find around here are really small...

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #63 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Here is a pic of what it looks like.Just bought a bag today.There were only 2 bags left!!

thanks for that--it does look just like the bags of pine so maybe i just overlooked it thinking it was pine. i will check next time i go to wal-mart. the bedding that i bought is working really well but it is pellets and they can't be very soft and it was really expensive. it does smell as fresh as the day i put it in though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Part of the Pack

Thats the kind I have been buying, because it was bigger, but there is a very loose one that is soft, to me the one you are talking about it is hard. you have to squeeze it to get it out. when I get the loose bedding I will get the name of it , well it is Aspen Made by Kaytee is what I am using now. It is packed tight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Captain Jack sparrow
"There will be no living with her after this"

This is my first baby Girl Nibbles, isn't she so so cute!!!
post #65 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Part of the Pack

lol yes it does go everywhere but I like it much better.

Captain Jack sparrow
"There will be no living with her after this"

This is my first baby Girl Nibbles, isn't she so so cute!!!
post #66 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 06:52 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deana-
Thats the kind I have been buying, because it was bigger, but there is a very loose one that is soft, to me the one you are talking about it is hard. you have to squeeze it to get it out. when I get the loose bedding I will get the name of it , well it is Aspen Made by Kaytee is what I am using now. It is packed tight
Oh! Now I understand...yeah, I spose in that aspect it is hard.

Unfortunatly this is the ONLY aspen I can find here, so thats what I get!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #67 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Part of the Pack

There's a bedding called Soft absorb. I gave it a try since my dad had allergies and it worked better then carefresh did for my mice.
As soon as my carefresh stock runs out I'll use it for the mice AND rats =B
post #68 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

I started off with Carefresh for my ferrets. I don't have any complaints with absorbancy or smells. The only complaint is that when they are chasing each other and going nuts running through the cage, the pieces of bedding are everywhere making a huge mess.

Jessica

My zoo: 2 Ferrets named Natira and McCoy and lots of different fishies, snails, and african dwarf froggies.

post #69 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deana-
. . . Aspen Made by Kaytee is what I am using now. It is packed tight
Yes, it is very good. Those big packages are sold by volume, not weight. So the tighter the pack the more you get!
post #70 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Part of the Pack

Note sure if I mentioned it before, but there was this grape wood stuff. The best bedding ever, my rat smelled exactly look woody grape, couldn't stop sniffing him =D
Has anyone ever seen this? I bought the last two that were in stock at a petstore. They never restocked, I loved that stuff..
post #71 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

i got some that came with my chin when i adopted him but i didn't like it at all i didn't trust them eating it its too much like cotten for me and it gets dirty way too quick also didn't like the smell.

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather
post #72 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Adolescent Pup

I love carefresh!
I tried using pine and aspen, and within a day of cleaning my cages I could smell the chins. With carefresh I can go a week without smelling anything. I buy the regular kind in the 50 L bag, and have not noticed any dust, or sneezing. The chins love it too.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #73 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Part of the Pack

I had no problem with Carefresh. I have two chinchillas, and the carefresh didnt make them smell at all, it actually improved the smell.
BUT!!!
When I put new bedding in, my chinnies tend to go down and nibble on it. My male chin began acting strangely, like bloating, and I couldnt figure out what it was, he wasnt eating as much and didnt want to be touched. Turns out, carefresh is bad for them when ingested and this caused a slight blockage. The vet gave him fluids and I got Lifeline from Dawnna online and fed that too him a few times a day, and it worked miracles. I will NEVER use carefresh again. Thank god he only ate a little.
At the zoo though, we do use it in a tub with rocks in the ball python exhibit. He likes to go through it when hes shedding. =)
Thought I would share! =)
-Nikki
post #74 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Newborn Pup

I LOVE carefresh bedding. I use it for my rats, hamsters, and degus. The hamsters and degus I change once a week and the rats can actually go two weeks. I don't notice any oder or dust (they're in my room too) and I think its great because it is made out of recycled newspapers. A little bit pricier, but economically better, I think. I've never used Aspen, but I hate ceder and I only use pine for my bunnies' litter boxes.
post #75 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I've hurd that carefresh can give Rats and other little critters lung infections and all kinds of nasty stuff. I've never had anything go wrong with my rats useing it before but i'm also worried about it happening so i've gotten larger wood chunks (forgot what it's called ) but i love it in my horse stalls! It keeps thier hoofs nice and dry , I clean my stalls everyday so if you did it less i don't know if it would work as well. My boss cleaned hers once a week ( because her horses go in and out of the pasture as they please) and hers do fine as well. I haven't had much experience with it and other animals, I know my rabbits get a BAD sneez when i used the fluffy grey or mulitcolored bedding, I had one get a bad puss pocket on his face and died from it . I don't use that bedding anymore and since then my rabbits are a lot more pleased .

Tags
ball python, carefresh bedding, corn cob, corn cob bedding, doing fine, dried pine, dried pine shavings, feline pine, guinea pig, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, litter box, litter boxes, pet supplies, pine bedding, pine shavings, prairie dog, prairie dogs, timothy hay, wood shavings