Chicken Soup for the Dog lover's soul? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Chicken Soup for the Dog lover's soul?

Does anyone here feed Chicken Soup for the dog lover's soul (http://chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com)? would love to hear any reviews, thoughts that you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Newborn Pup

My Golden Girls love it!!! Be careful, the salmon one is quite costly. I grabbed it one time by accident with a large order and did not catch it until I got home. (the cats kept eating it as well...ha!!) I use the Adult Formula for Sam and the Senior Formula for Charlie. Both have been well received... they eat as soon as it is offered. No more food sitting around...

We alternate between CSFTDLS and Happy Hips brand in chicken and oats (My girls did not like lamb). They both average about $30 a 11 lb bag, here, but the difference has been well worth it. My senior dog has re-newed life......I hope it prevents hip issues in my juvi......

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4.8.16.3 Crested Gecko
2.0 Leopard Gecko
1.3 Domestic Cat
0.2 Golden Retriever
1.1 Prairie Dog
0.1 Cory Cat
2.1 Beautiful Children
1.0 Patient Husband
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the feedback, esp. on the different adult and senior formulas. that is good to hear that your girls love it! Hope your senior dog's hips are ok too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Newborn Pup

It's amazing. Definitely worth the buy!

Sandro Avila
Owner/Photographer

Twitter: LeashOut

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 04:20 PM
canis lupus familiaris

I would but its pretty hard to find in my area and I'm just not into grain foods. Honestly its much better than Eukanuba or even Purina One. Its just not as out there.

It came with a dog I adopted some time ago. Back then I didn't care too much about food. When the bag ran out, I got some Purina One and his coat wasn't as glossy or soft. I went to look for some Chicken Soup and none of my local stores (including feed stores) carried it!

If I were to feed any grain food, that would be it. Its pretty cheap too compared to other foods like it (unless you compare it to Purina or Iams foods which just plain suck)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Playful Pup

I had good results with Chicken Soup, but switched when they raised their prices.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Newborn Pup

My dog's appetite increased dramatically after using this product It is really amazing...

Dog Help
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Playful Pup

This help my dog to increase appetite but quite costly
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I've heard okay things about it. Have you looked into Taste of the Wild or blue buffalo? IMO they're both pretty decent foods and they don't cost that much if you know where to buy them. $30 for an 11 pound bag is INSANE.

*Missy*
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Newborn Pup

Good food, Not entirely grain free, But the grains present are higher quality..Dog's can, And often do just fine with some grains..The ones who have problems are the ones with allergies..And just like people some dogs are worse then others..protein levels are average..An All around good product..Had my AmStaff on it for a year..He loved and thrived off of it..Not the easiest to find. Also not the cheapest..
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Playful Pup

My opinion- it's good but not great.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Newborn Pup

It's not bad, my dog went through a couple of large bags without any problems. I'm currently feeding taste of the wild, since the price is similar and it's grain free, and he likes its taste a little better (although appetite is almost never a problem with him)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 05:26 PM

I personally don't feed ANY products made by Diamond Pet food. They are the number one recalled pet food on the independent market. If you want to use their products, why pay so much? Just go to Costco and by the Kirkland.....Diamond Pet Foods makes is, along with Chicken soup and Taste of the wild. I love my pup to ever feed their "Stuff".
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Playful Pup

It is a good food but I prefer Blue Buffalo its all I feed. It has better ingredients than most foods out there and is made in the us so it isnt affected by the china recalls
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Newborn Pup

i think that is good choice !

Tags
chicken soup, dog food, dogs, puppies