Chicken Soup Food - 6 lb bags discontinued? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Question Chicken Soup Food - 6 lb bags discontinued?

I needed more Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Food. I buy the regular adult food in the 6 lb bags. The shelves were empty, so I asked if they had more in the back (the only store that carries this in my area is Pet Supplies Plus). They said the manufacturer discontinued this size bag.

Anyone else had this problem? I posted here instead of in cats forum to see if anyone buying the dog formula may have had that problem.

It seems weird to discontinue this but not the light formula.

Grrr! I don't really want to buy the 22 lb bag and have it sitting around open unless someone can verify the nutritional/flavor qualities won't be affected. Can I freeze a portion of it?

The manufacturer has a number, I guess I'll call tomorrow and ask them. I love this food! Sprout has not vomited at all since the switch, and knock on wood neither of them has had a flare up with their eyes.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

So, the manufacturer says they are still producing the 6-lb bags. So, I have no idea why Pet Supplies Plus shelves were empty or why they told me it was discontinued. Maybe their employee got mixed up and they just won't be STOCKING that size anymore. Kinda annoying if that's the case.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
chicken soup, pet supplies