Eagle Pack Food? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Eagle Pack Food?

Anyone use this food? Because of the recall I haven't been able to give the cats wet food. But, because of Sprout's abnormal kidneys, she's supposed to be getting wet food mixed with water to increase water intake.

This food is actually available at a store in my vicinity, it's not affected by the recall (no wheat) and the ingredients seem okay to me.

Eagle Pack Pet Foods, Inc.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Well, the girls seem to like the Eagle Pack okay (I've tried 1 can so far).

At the pet store, the manager told me of the super premium foods they carry, that's actually the 3rd he recommends.

The first is Evanger's, and second is Felidae.

The Evanger's clearly states holistic/organic. The ash is a bit high though.

Evanger's Dog and Cat Food Company
Evanger's Dog and Cat Food Company

I don't recall seeing that for the Felidae. Evanger's seems to be a small business...I don't know whether that makes them a better or worse choice. I bought cans of that and of Felidae for the girls to try though.

Edited:
Canidae® Pet Foods: Chicken & Rice: Canned
Their website says holistic...it just isn't on the can, and the ash is much lower. The guy at the store seemed to like the Evanger's much better though...wonder why.

Millie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by millie121; 03-30-2007 at 08:43 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Part of the Pack

I have never heard of evanger's dog and cat food.I use natural balance cat food dry.My cats love it.I have heard of canidae but never tried it.

Mom to:
Zippy

Pumpkin

Zoey

Co-owner to:Sweet P.
and Piglet

Rest in Peace Liberty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig_grl
I have never heard of evanger's dog and cat food.I use natural balance cat food dry.My cats love it.I have heard of canidae but never tried it.
Thanks for the info. I see that natural balance has a wet food in 3 oz cans; the local pet stores don't seem to carry it, but I might consider ordering some online to see if the girls like it.

silly kitties

Millie

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Playful Pup

I am not a fan of Eagle or Evangers. Have you considered Solid Gold??
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Newborn Pup

If you are still looking for an alternative, check out VeRUS. They are a small company out of the northeast US, have been in business for almost 30 years, and have NEVER had a food recall! They make both dog food (wet and dry) and cat foods. I have been feeding my dogs VeRUS for more than a year and they are healthy, happy, and so wonderfully energetic. They got my attention because they'd never had a recall, they got me hooked by sending me some GREAT FREE samples, and I'm a forever customer now because my dogs are so healthy after eating this food. TRY IT! You won't be sorry!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Newborn Pup

Ya I will use this for my pet this type of food is very useful for pet health and quick growth
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Newborn Pup

I have never use evanger's dog and cat food.I often use natural balance cat food dry. My dog love it.

Tags
cat food, local pet store, pet food, pet foods, pet store, pet stores, wet food