Feline Pine - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Feline Pine

Maybe most of you know about this already, but we find Feline Pine to be the least stinky cat litter we've ever used. (We use the pellet kind, we've never used the clumping kind, that's new.)

It's cool because when the pellets get wet they just turn into sawdust and once they dry, they don't smell at all. They also sell a special box with a grate on the bottom that you can just shake all the stuff to the lower level after you have cleaned out the hard matter.

I find myself recommending it to clients more and more.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Caat

PawsTalk Animal Communication & Reiki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animal Communication Practice Forum
.....(Free student animal communications for your pets)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
is a little "special"

I use similar stuff for my rabbits, guinea pigs, and hamster (different brand, and a 50lb bag LOL) and its definatly my favorite litter to use! It keeps the smell way down, and it works well to use in under aspen shavings too if you have small animals.
I need one of those grated litter boxes...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I personally don't care for the Feline Pine, because when we tried it, the second it gets wet, it kinda falls apart and makes a huge mess!
I like a slightly similar product called Swheat Scoop. It's made of Wheat Husks, and smells really sweet, so I like that better!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have never tried it,not sure if I want to.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

I've been using Feline pine in my rabbits' litter boxes lately and out of all the types of litters I've tried I think the Feline pine does the best at eliminating odor.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Betta Bomb

It would be nice to get a grated litter pan before I would try anything like that!! Isnt pine bad though in all forms???
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
It would be nice to get a grated litter pan before I would try anything like that!! Isnt pine bad though in all forms???
From what I know,this is not like the pine litter they sell for small animals.
I don't think it contains phenols.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah VanillaRat is right - Feline Pine is kiln dried, so it doesn't contain the phenols that are dangerous in other pine products.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Betta Bomb

OH!! Cool!! ^^
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i wish i would of saw this post before i posted my post about feline pine lol

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Newborn Pup

I've seen the pine pellets before, my question is are they heavier then the traditional clay clumping litter?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Newborn Pup

I've never heard of it.

Got Fish:
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDeedle3 View Post
I personally don't care for the Feline Pine, because when we tried it, the second it gets wet, it kinda falls apart and makes a huge mess!
I like a slightly similar product called Swheat Scoop. It's made of Wheat Husks, and smells really sweet, so I like that better!
That's the point of it. It's not a clumping litter, the best use of it is to get the grated box and just sift the used stuff into it. The litter on the top always stays clean.

We have a covered trash can right next to the box. (This is for cats, mind you, not rabbits). We scoop the poop out of there and put it into the box as needed. Then we shake the box so all the soft stuff falls down below the grate. Every few days, when the bottom gets full, we just remove the top portion and empty the bottom. The litter always stays fresh and their never scratching around in used litter.

Doesn't work for everyone, it does for us. I don't like the wheat stuff, myself, because it mildews. You can't put it into a trash can until it's full and then empty it.

Caat

PawsTalk Animal Communication & Reiki

Animal Communication Practice Forum
.....(Free student animal communications for your pets)