Frosty Paws frozen dog treats - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 03:25 PM

Frosty Paws

Both of our dogs LOVE Frosty Paws! Especially the Peanut Butter flavor. It sounds like either you dog has a sensitive stomach or an allergy to one of the ingredients.

Thanks for the recipes. I will be trying them very soon. Since FP is expensive---making you own not only controls what goes into them---but would be more economical as well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM
RAT ADDICT

It's that time of year again! Yummy ice cream...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 07:57 AM

my dogs too they go crazy over them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Betta Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyChantelle View Post
My dog is a huge Great Dane by the way, I forgot to mention it in the original post. But for some reason, even feeding it to her in small bits made her throw up. I guess it just doesn't agree with her. I wish it did though because it seems like such a cool little treat.
i LOVE great Danes!!! give her a big kiss from me!!!!!!!!!Arent big dogs more sensitive to rich things like that? my little terrier crss LOVES frosty paws,altho i havent seen it yet this year at sobeys.Coco much prefers the actual stuff though-ice cream-and anything else that hes not supposed to have!!
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 AM

my dog love ice but i'm not sure about ice cream because i've never seen it around before. She's a bit odd with ice cause she won't take it from you you have to drop it in her bowl and then she just stares at it for ages before eating it. she does the same with grapes too, its soo funny!

Last edited by cookiemonster; 10-11-2008 at 08:29 AM.
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Betta Bomb

Grape and raisin toxicity in the dog is a potential health threat to dogs that have eaten grapes or raisins. It can cause the dog to develop acute renal failure (the sudden development of kidney failure) with anuria (a lack of urine production). The phenomenon was first identified by the Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), run by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). A trend was seen as far back as 1999.[1] Approximately 140 cases were seen by the APCC in the one year from April 2003 to April 2004, with 50 developing symptoms and seven dying.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_a...xicity_in_dogs

sorry if i posted this link wrong but grapes ARE poisonouss to puppy doggies
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:06 PM

ok sorry, i didn't know well i should have because i knew about raisins. i only gave them to her once though but she didn't actually eat them she just played with them.

Last edited by cookiemonster; 10-11-2008 at 03:27 PM.
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 02:33 PM

Frosty Paws

Here's the problem and possibly why she's getting sick:

Dried whey
Soy flour

These products are not supposed to be in pet treats or foods!
They have a tendancy to make some pets sick, so I were you, I wouldn't feed my pet anything that has these ingredients I listed above.
Hope that helped!
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Betta Bomb

thanks!! well Coco will eat anything and pretty much not get sick.i swear that dogs is on borrowed time by now!! the things he swallows hahaha
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 01:52 PM

I did try these for my dog and she loved them. She didn't have a reaction but sometimes heaves and throws up to other things. I'm not so sure what makes dogs respond that way to some things and not to others. All I can think of is maybe your dog is allergic to something in the ingredients. I believe they have soy treats from like Whole Foods that you can try.
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 PM

For some reason Santana HATES cold things. He won't even lick ice. Seems like the only things I can get him to eat are the milk bone treats, bull sticks, Bright Bites, and pretty much anything else that's room temperature . He doesn't even like his water cold.
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 PM

My dog does fine with this product and loves it as a tasty treat. I would try it again. Maybe she just gets so excited to eat it she takes it down to fast. Try feeding her slower.
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Newborn Pup

Talking

Not to make light of your problem, but possible "Brain Freeze"? LOL It doesn't make me heave, but it sure hurts like ****!
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Messi gets brain freeze when he eats them, he only eats like an 1/8 of a cup at a time he licks licks licks then looks up and frowns, you can tell he has a little brain freeze.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM

You pet might just be sensitive. Did you ask your vet?

Tags
elvis lee, terrier mix