Greenies? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Part of the Pack

I didn't know that rabbits and rats can have them... I've got a whole bag of them that i bought awhile ago, they are too big for daphne, and way too small for oberon. Maybe I'll try them with the buns and ratties...

4 cats: Radar, Oscar, Mackintosh, Qwilleran
1 dog: Daphne
3 rabbits: Barbarella Bunny. DC's Lucy, Ricky
1 daddy-long leg spider: Spidey
8 assorted tarantulas
1 madagascar hissing cockroach: Lady
3 chickens
1 ball python: Eve
1 corn snake: Charisma
1 California kingsnake: Honey
1 tortoise: Charlie
2 Mali Uromastyx: Nick and Nora
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i'm not sure i would give them to my bunny if they have animal protien in them.. i dont think bunnys should have that?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
i'm not sure i would give them to my bunny if they have animal protien in them.. i dont think bunnys should have that?
I don't think that the regular greenies do, the smart biscuits do, and the greenies for cats might, but I don't think the regular chews do. I'll read the ingredients first, to be sure.

I just checked, they have natural meat flavoring in them, but no other meat stuff... They kind of smell like chicken though, so I'm not giving them to the buns. The rats like them, though!

8 assorted tarantulas
3 chickens

Last edited by halfwaynowhere; 09-11-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 AM

Smile Dog coat supply

Hi,friends,
I would like to share an excellent store .It specializes in doing dog coat wholesale.the website is Dog Supplies - Dog Products - Wholesale, Apparel, Clothes, Coat
Hope you can enjoy them.Welcome to come!!
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

You know, they did change the ingredients. You're right, I wouldn't feed them to bunnies now.

They didn't used to have any meat or meat flavors.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 12:31 PM
is a little "special"

Ours just smell minty.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Part of the Pack

are they bendy? the new ones are flexible, and smell like chicken. the old ones were harder... if they smell like mint, they are probably the older ones, and should be safe for the bunnies...

8 assorted tarantulas
3 chickens
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 02:00 PM
is a little "special"

Well, they DID smell minty. Right after I posted that a smelled them and looked at the ingrediants. They smell a little chicken-ish and they have something like gellatin as one of the first ingredients. Sorry Smudge! NO greenies for you!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

The dogs are completely addicted to them. I was happy when they reformulated them because Frank would have a fit if he didn't have one every night. I order them from different websites. What ever site has the best deal. We order 6 large boxes at a time.
I wish they sold the old ones for bunnies! I never thought about giving them a greenie. Oh well.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
is a little "special"

That would be nice. I know my dog used to have veggie-flavored bone, I forgot what they where called tho.... Dang it!

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM

Unhappy Problem With New Greenies Formula, And With Dog.com!

I have been a loyal Greenies customer for about two years, starting with the old formula. Not only did my dog hesitate when I gave her the new formula for the first time about a year ago, but also, it is defective ... it goes moldy! I've had this happen with several bags of the new formula. Well before their expiration date, you'll start to find tiny, white, fuzzy mold spots all over them. I've even seen this in the bags of Greenies in pet stores. I keep them in a cool dry place but it doesn't help. So I called dog.com for a refund or exchange or store credit, but DOG.COM DOES NOT STAND BY ITS PRODUCTS! My dog loves Greenies but she does sometimes get a chunk stuck in the side of her teeth and needs help getting it out. Factoring in all of these problems, I am sincerely disappointed. I want Greenies to go back to the old formula!!!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

maybe you guys should email the greenies company, with them making cat and dog greenies they may consider making bunny greenies and they may refund you with new greenies for them getting moldy

[/CENTER]

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I think you should email directly to greenies.com. You may not get your greenies back but they should send you new ones. I question how they were stored before you got them. I order them in large quantities all the time. We have been using greenies for years. I have never seen the white spots. Often I order the individually wrapped greenies. My husband hates them because Belle freaks out while he is opening them. But I have never had any problems
- other than petvetdirect.com being out of stock!
I have a call into them now. We are dangerously low on greenies.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I just went online last night and requested a sample and they also said they are gonna send me the pill pockets as well because I checked the box that my dog is taking meds. (Osa is taking the potassium supplement Renacare)

Lve Never Fails

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 PM

I only give my dog Bright Bites treats. They do a great job of cleaning the dog's teeth, and they're star-shaped which prevents choking.