Greenies? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Greenies?

Does anyone give there dogs greenies? Do they actually do any good to help clean there teeth?

You can sign up to get a free sample on there website Greenies.com - Spread the Word

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Part of the Pack

I give my cats greenies. Zippy loves them.They are a little pricy.

Mom to:
Zippy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pumpkin

Zoey

Co-owner to:Sweet P.
and Piglet

Rest in Peace Liberty
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
RAT ADDICT

I used to get them for the rats to chew,but heard that they are actually not the best,because little pieces can get lodged in pet's throats.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Oily Chickenspew

My pets @ home LOVE them! They get them as an occasional treat (our vet actually recommended them to us...and now the pets are addicted! )

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I don't give them to the dogs because I worry about choking/blockages. But one of my rabbits likes them a lot (she nibbles on them and doesn't get off pieces) so I give one to her once in a while .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Theyre okay as long as the animal actually chews them and doesnt swallow big pieces. I buy them for the rats once in awhile but not all the time because they are expensive.

*Missy*
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

one of my dogs can have them because he actually eats like a civilized being that he is.. our other dog i think swallows them whole so he can attempt to steal the other dogs so he doesn't get them so neither get them.

our one cat LOVES them and the other doesn't care.. lucy will come, sit, speak, fetch, and stand on 2 for them its cute

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

da-ja-vu i swear i read your post vinilla rat before i posted but it posted mine above it haha

[/CENTER]

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie1205 View Post
Theyre okay as long as the animal actually chews them and doesnt swallow big pieces. I buy them for the rats once in awhile but not all the time because they are expensive.
So I guess I can get them again for the rats.I just did some research and your right,the dogs that have choked, was because they swallowed large chunks of the Greenies.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

I ordered the free sample, i dont think any place around here sells them, they sell other kinds of dental chews, but we'll wait for the sample and see if she likes them, I dont think allie will choke on them, she actually usually chews her treats pretty well, but we'll watch her closely, we usually only give her treats if we're sitting on the floor with her.

My Furry Family
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

All my dogs and cats love them. They do help keep the teeth nice and clean. Plus they keep the dogs busy for a little while.

~Jenn

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 AM
laugh often

I have given them to my dog a few times but I stopped because I realized after I gave him one at two seperate times he'd puke it up.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I was gonna get one last year and then I was told there was a recall so I never tried, but I have wanted to...mine love the dentabones though lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I didn't tell the rats but there was a dog that lived across the street that would run over to my house because he knew I would give him a greenie. He would come over take his greenie then run back to his yard...lol

They are expensive though, like $10 for a bag of 6.

*Missy*
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 06:25 PM
is a little "special"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasami View Post
I don't give them to the dogs because I worry about choking/blockages. But one of my rabbits likes them a lot (she nibbles on them and doesn't get off pieces) so I give one to her once in a while .
I didnt know rabbit can have them too! Maybe Smudge will like them... They are my dogs fav treat!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."