Kaytee Soft-Sorbent Bedding? Users? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Question Kaytee Soft-Sorbent Bedding? Users?

It is a little more expensive than Carefresh, but seems better and looks nicer. I think it may be the equivalent of the white Carefresh Ultra.

Anyone ever use it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

YES. i sure didnt like it. it clung to the poor ratties and was soo messy. it was dusty as heck too. i was really really dissipointed in it. i used it once and through the whole bag out! (it was a big bag too)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Part of the Pack

I've used it for my mice and it works really well, I'm thinking of using it for the rats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 04:07 PM
RAT ADDICT

I have never seen this around here...is there a website that I could order it from?? I currently use aspen, but if I could find something better, that is aslo safe then I would switch...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Part of the Pack

Hm, you probably could order it from a well known petstore =3
It's good stuff, it makes the cages look nicer then care fresh , and absorbs smell pretty well, which is essential for mice =B
Best part, my doesn't affect my dad's allergies.Yea!
Oh! And my grocery store started carrying what looks like a kockoff of carefresh, but hey, 4 bucks for what you'd pay 6 bucks for? I'm not complaining, and it's a step up from the pine and cedar only stuff they've had for the longest time.
You can just see me cringing everytime someone bought pine for their hamsters 83
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 09:34 PM

Good for litter boxes, bad for bedding

I use Softsorbent for my rabbits litter box. It works really well because it is easily scoopable and I don't have to remove all the bedding to clean it. I also have rats and have tried it in their cage. I quickly switched them back to Carefresh because since the pieces are so light and small they would fling them out of the cage while running around and made a huge mess.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
http://simplyhomemade.org

It worked very well for my rats. We have switched moved to petco generic paper bedding and that really works well.

-
-
-
-