kongs - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

Nuvet is great, and we sell it at our grooming shop. i do push it! but you MUST be a rep. LOL

my doggies love frozen canned dog food in their kongs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Playful Pup

The photos of your pet are beautiful

Yes - NuVET is sold at many grooming shops, kennels, Holistic Vet offices and some breeders...
A good product that give a money back guarantee...

YOUR pet photos are Beautiful!

Marie
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I am going to be dogsitting for my neighbor over thanksgiving and I have watched the dog before and she got REALLY bored and destructive even with me giving her more attention then they ever do...

So I am planning to get a kong for her to keep her busy when I can't stay with her 24/7

I love Kongs...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Newborn Pup

Excellent toys for major destroyers.

Oreo is a major destroyer. She destroys anything and everything in front of her. The Kong is great because she has a hard time destroying it.

*Kelsea Shea*
Two female dogs, Macy & Oreo.
A leopard gecko, Sunshine.

post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Newborn Pup

Kongs are the best for breeds that can chew through anything! I don't normally put "goodies" in them but my dogs LOVE them anyway!

Still have to watch that pieces aren't chewed off to choke. Wouldn't leave one with my dog and go to work, but certainly gives them something to keep them busy while I cook dinner!!!
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Newborn Pup

Thanks for the reminder. My 2 Shih Tzu's have seemed bored over the holiday. Some PB in the Kong is a great idea.

Rufus71
TheBetterPetTag.com
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Newborn Pup

Whats the best way to clean a Kong?
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I just use a little dish soap and a thing i found that looks kinda like a baby bottle brush at the Walls store here in town. Its not made by kong, but the package says its made to clean them and other toys, i think the brand name is bamboo or something, but it works great, its got a smaller brush inside the handle too. I bet a regular baby bottle brush would just as well, but we got lucky and found this one for a dollar! Here a link to what they look like. http://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Cleanin...559244&sr=8-10

My Furry Family
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 05:52 AM
Newborn Pup

Kongs are one of the best toys around, my staffie goes through tennis ball and other toys in seconds!! then i got a Kong dog toy large, the red one, shes had it for 2 years now and it doesnt look like ever breaking! the only damage it has is bite marks but thats it, i highly recomend this for any big chewing dogs. Lola loves hers.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Newborn Pup

Red face kong toys are great

I am so glad someone has said how great Kong toys are, I feel the say way and my pets just love them which is why I decided to create my own website selling pet supplies and made sure that Kong was definately one of them! Check out my site...harleyspetshop.com!
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Part of the Pack

While I personally love the Kongs - I no longer buy them as I have two pitbulls that can go through one in a week and I am afraid they might end of swallowing some of the pieces.

Any other suggestion for a good chew toy when the Kong just isnt hardy enough for your big dog?

R h a p s o d y -
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Newborn Pup

My dogs love these things filled with peanut butter.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
While I personally love the Kongs - I no longer buy them as I have two pitbulls that can go through one in a week and I am afraid they might end of swallowing some of the pieces.

Any other suggestion for a good chew toy when the Kong just isnt hardy enough for your big dog?
Are you looking for chew toys specifically or puzzle toys? Bully sticks make great chew toys, the big ones last a while and most dogs can't break big chunks off (they have to be worn down).

Also, did you try the black Kongs? Those are more durable (but I had a dog who destroyed those too).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Part of the Pack

I am just looking for a chew toy that last longer than a week - and while I have tired many of the red kongs I have never purchased any of the black kongs as I figured they would be the same as the red ones.

I will look into the Bully Sticks - do you know of any websites that sells them?

R h a p s o d y -
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Part of the Pack

Thumbs up

OK - I looked up "Bully Sticks" online and found that Petco (and other pet stores) carry them and they even have "Bully Sticks" on Ebay in four different sizes..... regular, medium, thick, jumbo.

R h a p s o d y -

Tags
pit bull, pit bulls