Martin's Cages - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Martin's Cages

What do you all think??? I bet you will all agree that these cages are some of the best! I love mine.It got here in about 2 weeks after I ordered and was easy to put together,of course I got Jason to do it for me.It is nice and roomy too.

The ONLY problem I have with it,is the door sometimes swings shut and tonight actually swung back and hit poor Bluebell in the face,she was okay,but scared out of her wits! Poor girl.

I was given a little cage door clip thingy to hold the door open,but sometimes I don't use it.However after tonight,I am gonna use it from now on...because I do not wanna risk hurting one of the rats!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Do those doors have springs? Maybe just take the spring off so it doesn't swing shut as quick.

*Missy*
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

No,there are no springs on the door.I do have a clip thingy tho to hold the door open when I need to,so I will just have to use that from now on.

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 09:38 AM

I love these! My girls are in one, and I plan on getting one for Skewer as soon as I have the money. I think I will go with a bigger one than I got last time though, move the girls into that, and give him thiers.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 07:45 PM

I definately love mine also!
I don't have that door problem though !!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i love martins cages, i recently ordered one for my two rats and im still building and i must say, price wise its really nice how much you save and shipping only cost 20 bucks and for something that big, i was impressed

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 04:15 PM

I absolutly love martin's cages. I got one for my rats and I love it. Its nice and roomy for them, they have lots of room to run around. Very durable and wonderful price-wise.

Only two downsides. One, mine took several hours to put together. Once I got all the mesh "sheets" set up the right way, I had to figure out how to put the little rings on to hold ot together. The other thing is its not quite appealing to the eye. Perhaps if they could make them in some animal chewing safe colors that would make them more fun. (I like my bedroom decour to match. )

But overall, I give them an A. Very nice cages for what you pay for them. And I LOVE the optional flip-top lid. Great for catching unwilling ratties....
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Hmmm...only took me (well my man) like 15 minutes to get it all put together!

* Lisa *

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 05:56 PM

I love them too! I have a Martin's Rat Tower I used when I had my two rats and it was perfect...just great! I only paid $25 for it and a smaller cage actually
It was used, I bought it from someone but it was in great condition, just one small spot where the powder coating was rubbed off (it didn't matter because I covered the shelf with rubber matting anyway...)

I was thinking about it since I don't have rats right now, I was thinking how I could actually use the Rat Tower as a giant hamster cage, because the bar spacing is small enough for hamsters!

Here is a photo of my Rat Tower when I had all the rat toys in it--

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Nice looking cage Lizzi!

* Lisa *

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztarwarzchic
I absolutly love martin's cages. I got one for my rats and I love it. Its nice and roomy for them, they have lots of room to run around. Very durable and wonderful price-wise.

Only two downsides. One, mine took several hours to put together. Once I got all the mesh "sheets" set up the right way, I had to figure out how to put the little rings on to hold ot together. The other thing is its not quite appealing to the eye. Perhaps if they could make them in some animal chewing safe colors that would make them more fun. (I like my bedroom decour to match. )

But overall, I give them an A. Very nice cages for what you pay for them. And I LOVE the optional flip-top lid. Great for catching unwilling ratties....
yeah, same here, i had the feret mansion or whatever biggest feret cage they had and it took me at least a whole devoted day to assemble and the c rings and clamping gave my hands blisters

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Proud New Mommy

I love these cages. I had some for my chinnies. They came so fast when I ordered them, packed nicely, put together easy, easy to clean, and nice and roomy!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 PM

My Martin's Cage is amazing, I love it. I'll never buy a cage from anywhere else. It didn't take long to put the cage together, but I do have to say it was a bit annoying of a process...but completely worth it.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I know this is an old post but I'm sure everyone will want to know this==

The 695 cage is coming equipped with bigger doors! I guess they got so many custom orders for bigger doors that they started making them that way.

Martins is awesome because they will customize their cages.

*Missy*
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Can you use the cages for mice? I don't have rats

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

Tags
hamster cage