Nutro - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Adolescent Pup

Keep in mind some Nutro products are better than others. I like the Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice feeds. The Nutro Max feeds aren't as good, so in comparison to Science diet wouldn't be much better. I still stand by anyone doing a little research, and in particular reading information posted in the Whole Dog Journal if you really want to understand what those ingredients mean and what truly makes a healthy dog food. Some of the prescription Science Diet feeds are ok, but many of the lower end types just aren't as great as what they are made out to be..especially compared to some truly premium foods. I worked at a vets office as well, and discount and all, I still would not feed Science Diet. Corn and not so healthy preservatives are just a start as to the reasons I don't like their feeds. That's great your dogs have never needed a dental, I have large breeds that I can say the same for. Besides, if you have only been doing Science diet for a fraction of their lives..that can't really contribute to the fact that they have clean teeth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by grlunderrainbow; 01-22-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

That's very true. I totally understand what you are saying.
For anyone looking into detailed information on Science Diet foods by Hills, check out www.hillsnutrition.com

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

That link didn't bring up alot of good info for me, but alot of links..
You can go to www.hillspet.com for ingredient listings, such as T/D: http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/prod...=1121974516800

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Adolescent Pup

And this site shows ingredient info on Nutro's different lines of food: http://www.nutroproducts.com/

post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Awsome, thanks

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

hey Chinchilla Girl. I got my VNA about a year ago. Wait till you finish the program the last module is the best!

I use T/D as treats, my dogs have great teeth too.

Every thing you just stated is only a few simple reasons why Science Diet is the choice to feed.

Some times though. People dont want to listen, they use what they think works best for them!
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Newborn Pup

Nutro Ultra

I feed my two dogs Nutro Ultra. Puppy formula for my nine week old and Adult formula for my grown dog. Although the adult formula contains corn meal, it isn't the same as corn. A representative from the company called me about it after I sent an email questioning the corn contents. His explanation was pretty long and involved but he assurred me the corn meal wasn't actually corn.
My grown dog was eating INNOVA which is probably the healthiest of all dog foods but when my puppy arrived and she had been fed Nutro Ultra Puppy, I decided to put both dogs on Nutro.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Natural Choice Kitten versus. Adult

Hello,
I had my girls (16 months old now) on the Natural Choice kitten food, and they loved it! However, when trying to switch them to the adult brand it caused vomiting in one of them, even with a very gradual changeover. So, who knows. I think Nutro is a good product for the money, but with anything you do for cats, you just have to see how it works. I've been trying the Hills Sensitive Stomach now...no vomiting, but they don't seem to like it as much as the Nutro.

-----------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties, Sprout and Goblin and 1 African Clawed frog
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Adolescent Pup

im feeding my puppy dog chow now and i've always been a pedigree fan but their prices went up so now im frowning, what are the prices of nutro?? my cats have been getting friskies but i have been getting clumps surprises so now i get the hairball remedy catfood.
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Adolescent Pup

My 3 year old Retriever is on Nutro Natural Choice. I love it for her!

My 16 year old Cockapoo is on Science Diet Senior. I tried to switch my cockapoo to the Nutro Senior and she threw it up almost daily.. so she went back to SD. I dont personally like the food, but she is 16 and doing fine on it so thats what she'll stay on as long as she's with us!

Dog Mommy to: *Ginger *Callie
Fish Mommy to: *Phantom
Chin Mommy to: *MaKenzie *Zander *Skylar
*Galaxy *Kailani *Bryson-Knight *Moonshadow *Atmosphere
Rest In Peace: *Landen 8/12/02 *Liberty-Starr 12/7/03 *Nova 9/15/04

Join us at Nibbler Niche -
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

Nutro is not as cheap as Purina or Pedigree, but ingredient wise, I'd never feed either of those..there's just a ton of filler in them, so even with it being alot cheaper, you feed aLOT more for them to get as much sustenance from it (and still it's not nutrition).

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

we are still searching for a dog food for my dogs, we tried nutro for awhile and they just don't care for it (my cat loves it) so any good tips for a food for dogs with itchy skin?

Nutro has been a life saver for my cat so I wanted my cats to try it it just didn't work out, or maybe I need a different one, any tips much appreciated

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

i have read canidae is good?
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDancer
we are still searching for a dog food for my dogs, we tried nutro for awhile and they just don't care for it (my cat loves it) so any good tips for a food for dogs with itchy skin?

Nutro has been a life saver for my cat so I wanted my cats to try it it just didn't work out, or maybe I need a different one, any tips much appreciated
is it possible they have allergies? our beagle was really itchy for a while and we didn't know what to do. the vet suggested benadryl and it really helped him. he was 7 yrs old before he had this problem and now this year he's been ok again. i'm not sure as far as foods go.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

yes, pets have allergies

Tags
african clawed, african clawed frog, clawed frog, dog food, doing fine, kitten food, litter box, nutro natural choice, pet owner, royal canin, siberian husky, vet tech