Petmate's Fresh Flow Fountain - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Petmate's Fresh Flow Fountain

Has anyone used this drinking fountain for their cats (or dogs)?

I was thinking of getting one after we've moved and settled in.

I'm curious to know what people think of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Miss New Booty

Bex, we had one for the kitties! They loved it, cats love hearing the running water. I would recommend it! The only thing with ours was something happened to it, one day there was water all over the floor. Brad thinks a little piece broke, but he couldn't ever figure out where it was leaking from. We still have it in our animal bin though, I was asking him recently if maybe he could take another look at it, too!

~* Jackie *~

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM
I live in a Pigdom

I use that with my cats as they used to use the constantly dripping bathroom faucet. They now only use the water dish, and absolutely love it.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I don't have that particular design but the drinking fountain we have is very popular here

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Just Call Me Oblivious!

I saw this one in a local supermarket for $26.99 CDN, and the thing I liked about it is that it filters the water, as well as cycle it through... Our cats always have something floating in their water dish, and yes, they do prefer the bathroom sink tap to their dishes, lol.

Good to know it seems a worthwhile investment .

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Part of the Pack

My cats have one and they LOVE it!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 11:22 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Depending on your kitties' preferences, you may or may not want to choose the Petmate.

If your cat just wants fresh, oxygenated water, go with the Petmate.

If your cats are obsessed with the faucet and dripping water, definitely get the Drinkwell Pet Fountain. As you will see, it has a stream of water that is more like a faucet dripping. You can control the flow of the water (a strong flow to a trickle) and it has the same filters, etc. as the Petmate.

Another great fountain is the CatIt.
http://www.hagen.com/usa/cats/addinf..._fountain.html
I think it looks better than the Petmate.

Here's Syd enjoying her Drinkwell.

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Part of the Pack

My kitties love the petmate. Both of them got used to it really quick. One of them drinks from the bottom and the other one drinks from where the water flows out. I definately recommend it to anybody.

My babies...

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Oh i think i am going to get one of those!!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Adolescent Pup

I had one, but the store I bought it at didnt have different sizes, and the one i had was WAY to small for my 2 cats and 1 medium sized dog I was filling it up in the morning, on my lunch break, after work, and before bed!!! So we got rid of it....now that i see there are larger sizes i may have to order the JUMBO!!! lol
My animals loved it...just make sure you get a big enough one!!!

~Misty~

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane

If your cats are obsessed with the faucet and dripping water, definitely get the Drinkwell Pet Fountain. As you will see, it has a stream of water that is more like a faucet dripping. You can control the flow of the water (a strong flow to a trickle) and it has the same filters, etc. as the Petmate.

Shoot ... I have the Petmate one and everyone adores it EXCEPT the one cat I have with a faucet obsession. Maybe I need to look into a Drinkwell ... *sigh*