Pet's Preference - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Pet's Preference

I love this product!! It's on the same lines as Carefresh, but a lot cheaper than what I've seen Carefresh go for!

It's made by Stutzman Environmental. Here's the link for it if anyone is interested in finding out more about it:
http://www.stutzman-environmental.com/

It's very absorbant and when it is urinated on, it locks the odor in. My chinnies give it two paws up!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Newborn Pup

You know, my pet store actually carries Good Mews and I was considering trying it as litter, but I've had bad experiences with paper-product litter. I tried Carefresh and it was awful. It went paper-mache on the pan and did nothing for the urine smell. My PD's cage has never smelled except for the slight muskiness during rut ... but it did with Carefresh. It did not even absorb that well

Also, it was a lot heavier than the wood chips I use. Both before it was ... well, used ... and after. The heaviness is my main concern because with a large pan all that weight adds up ... quickly.

You have chins who probably have a similar-sized litter pan to my PD ... did you have any of these problems with Pet's Preference? Of course, Carefresh isn't really pellets but kind of soft and I think that might have been the problem. Awaiting your reply because I'm always looking for something that's better for my baby

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I've never actually ever had problems with the smell of Pet's Preference. It's actually very light when I change out the pan. The only problem is on some cages I have really large pans, and that's what makes it akward to take out. Other than that, my husband and I love Pet's Preference. It absorbs the odor right away, and you can tell where they urinate on it, too.

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Newborn Pup

Maybe I'll give it a try. Yeah my pd has a large pan in his cage so it was awkward and heavy but that was with the Carefresh. We shall see Thanks for the info

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Sorry, meant awkward, not akward.

Karen

[

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Newborn Pup

Hehe that's alright, I know what you meant

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Playful Pup

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chin Lady
Sorry, meant awkward, not akward.
Not a Problem for me either.

We knew what ya mean't....

If ya think yours is Bad a simple one like that.

Ya better not look at any of my Posts or you might get a Headache...

This is ME at the Pet Shop and the Doors Locked:
Let ME in, Com'on Let Me in....

Pets You just Gotta Have'm.

And You can't Help but Love'm.

And You can't Just STOP at One.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

There seem to be a lot of bedding posts around...
I was in petco, and saw Hemp bedding. It was kind of expensive. has anyone used it? I didn't really read the package, but hemp has oils in it. I don't think they would be necessarily harmful, but I think that some animals would be allergic. I'm sure it's somewhat odor free and I'm sure that it has a pleasant smell.

*Missy*
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Part of the Pack

I wouldn't trust that. I mean, what if the animals eat it or something?
You'll have tripping animals and besides that, hemp isn't too comfortable, and it'd probably irrtate their noses.

Tags
litter pan, pet store