Rabbits Fur Sprays - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Oh hello there Sasami and sorry to disturb your vacation..

anyway thank you for the tips..that was quite helpful..as for the blower i dont have the actual blower so i just use hairdryer set to max cold air..

I brushed her everyday at the moment..maybe one day ill brush her evry other day.. Thanks again for the tips if theres anything about this english angora i should know of..please tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 AM
Newborn Pup

Go to a different vet because for fur mites they are supposed to put the rabbit on a 6 week course of invermectin, which is the injection used to treat mites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

??

You must have confused this post with another one because the rabbit being talked about in this thread doesn't have mites, just tangled/matted fur.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeap..no mites only matted and tangled but she getting better now after i clip her hair lastym n groomed her everyday
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Oh yea and one more thing... my another english angora... i groomed him for more than 30 mins today and the fur keeps pulling out everytime i brush him... why is that? its like the fur easily to fall off.. and eventhough i didnt brush him... whenever i put him on my lap.. furs are everywhere... hes 2 months old++... is this what they called shedding process?? should i stop grooming him or continue? its like i got lots of his furs already when i groomed him.. any ideas??
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ive googled a lot.. some says that he maybe has problems of mites but i know mites are like dut on the fur but hes not... ive read also about molting and he looks exactly like this but only at the back... its like even u slightly pull the fur will come off... even now but i stop pulling it afraid he gets overbald...

but ive read that its good to help him to avoid him eating his own fur and cause blockage..

any help? it looks like this -> http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:4,s:0 but only at the back..
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Betta Bomb

As I am to understand, angora's can be plucked all the time. If you think its mites you need to see a vet (to make sure) and get treatment for it. It won't go away on its own
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Wait the rabbit is actually bald? That picture you showed was a bald rabbit, which isn't normal. If that's similar to what you're rabbit looks like I'd take him in to the vet.

If he's not actually bald but just has a lot of loose hair, he may just be molting. Molting is a normal process that takes place usually when the weather changes. Two of my rabbits are molting right now - I brush them everyday until they are done shedding all the old hair because I don't want them to swallow all their loose fur.

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

This is what he looks like.. i really dont know what happen... i just groom him like i usually do and the hair keep pulling off every single brush until he becomes like this... i can still pluck the fur easily tho (only the lower area) but i plan to stop afraid that he became more bald.. but im afraid about the blockage thing too..

And i dont see any sign of mites.. as i recall it should like like dander on the fur right? but this is nothing.. and he still acts normally :S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original(5).jpg (41.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg original(7).jpg (34.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg original(6).jpg (33.0 KB, 3 views)
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Rodentologist

Ok yeah that is way too much hairloss. He needs to see a vet. That's extremely unusual. Mites are microscopic. You can usually tell your animal has them when they're itching and losing hair. See a vet.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Betta Bomb

is this the same one getting seen by 3 vets in one day?
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

okay will take him to a vet tomorrow.. will the hair grow back?im so worried... and no this rabbit i just got from my cousin.. i have 5 rabbits altogether including this ..

1) Casper - Male Mixed Lionhead
2) Crystal - Female Local Mixed
3) Oreo - Female English Angora
4) Shadow - Male English Angora (This one!!)
5) Stardust - Female Mixed Angora (Broken Leg)

Thanks for the help is this sign of mites? or others?
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

im using the middle one to groom Shadow as it is better to pull hairs than bristle.. is it my fault? but ive used this on oreo and stardust it works well...

EDIT: I tried now, the fur easily pulled off... even with a slight pull it will off.. .. im afraid that the rabbit will groom himself and eat the fur and cause blockage, will bring him to vet tomorrow..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg groomer.jpg (36.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by d_animality; 03-02-2011 at 12:40 PM.
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
is a little "special"

Wow, that's really strange. Sometimes they can get itty bitty bald patches when they molt, but nothing like that!!
And don't worry, you didn't cause this. If the fur was being yanked out by over-brushing, there would be blood. There is something else that is causing this.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Ive asked another forumer and they said that maybe the rabbit has less nutrients..is there anything i can give to improve it?

Im really afraid that my way of grooming cause this

Tags
fur, rabbits, sprays, static, tangle