Snakshaks?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Snakshaks??

My rats LOVE LOVE LOVE the snakshaks and go through them in little over a week. Well my girls, my boys make it last lol. I think they are fantastic because my animals love them. However I've hurd some people don't like the wrapping because it doesn't seem sanitary enough. I shoudl post some before and after pics when i buy new snakshaks for my ratties.

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

There are a couple of thread on these Snak Shaks...scroll thru these threads and maybe there is info you could use..

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f19/e...ogs-38619.html

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f134/...way-36303.html
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

oohh ok ty, sorry about the double post :$

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

no worries...just thought you would like to look at those previous threads.

The search bar does come in handy though...its up there...*points up*...it has helped me find info many times on different things here in various forums.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Rodentologist

Hey, I don't know about rats specifically, but I do know that they don't recommend these things for guinea pigs, because they're basically soaked in honey, and can contribute to diabetes. I probably wouldn't give your rats one every week!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I haven't been able to find the other posts , also i probley should have been more clear lol. I don't buy them one every week i don't have that kind of money . I think they could go through one everyweek lol. sorry i wasn't clear about that, i also didn't know that about g-pigs. I had guinepigs about 4years ago a miss them but sort of have my hands full at the moment lol.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Newborn Pup

You know, I read on the ingredients list that they are mostly PINE SHAVINGS with a little hay and honey mixed in, so I wouldn't feed them to my pet's personally, I mean, if people are supposed to think letting your pet LIVE on pine is bad, then why would you let it EAT pine? It can't be good for their intestines. I mean with chew sticks and whatnot, they don't normally EAT the stuff, they chew it off and spit it out, but with the snakshaks and edibowls, eating and swallowing it is kind of the point, and pine shavings are rough and sharp and they can compact in the gut. I don't know if that's something you've thought of or not, that's just my opinion, why I wouldn't let my rat, mice or ASF Rats eat those things, if your rats don't seem to have any issues with it and they love it so much, I would say go ahead and let them have them.

Mom to:
8 Dogs
4 Cats
1 Macaw
1 Cockatiel
2 Chickens
2 Rabbits
3 Hermit Crabs
2 Goats
1 Rat
2 Mice
2 ASF Rats