Super Pet Igloo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Super Pet Igloo

Super Pet Igloos can be used for a variety of small animals as a bed & a cozy get-away & hiding spot.

I used these in the past with both guinea pigs & hedgehogs. They worked great for me in the winter to help block out cool drafts, but in the summer they also sometimes hold in a little extra heat.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

For animals who generally don't chew, I think they're great. They're often marketed for chinchillas, which drives me crazy because every one I've ever seen with a chin is chewed. Problems can arise up to and including an intestinal blockage, etc. So for chins, two thumbs down.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It looks great, but certainly not degu proof!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Part of the Pack

My guinea pigs LOVE their pigloos! Each girl has her own to hide and sleep in.

The chins get pine houses to chew on, no igloos for them!

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeah, if your pet chews stuff, I wouldn't recommend them. I was worried about my pigs chewing theirs, but they haven't yet. Neither have my mice or 6 hamsters. I like the wooden ones b/c they're more durable against chewers... I just wish that there was a way to clean the wooden ones well.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

I have the single size and the double size. Double size does not mean that they share My pigs love them and they all take turns, some just take longer turns than others.

They nibbled around the edges at first to "taste" it, haven't chewed on it at all. I give them a for my herd.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 03:56 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

i have a mini 1 4 my rat (any bigger and i culd liv there!)
P.S, I luv those things and so does my black hooded rat, sassafrass (sassy)
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 11:40 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

I love these darn things! I have a green one for my Mice, and they all huddle in and sleep together, it's so cute! You can get them in heaps of colors and that's a plus, too. It's also great how they are clear, so they are very nice for mommy animals, you can see the babies!

My mice havn't chewed on them yet, I give them 3 thumbs up!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:43 AM

My bunny Tara just loves her igloo. She is my smallest rabbit though and I had to buy the giant size at the petstore for her to fit in it! They don't have anything English Lop sized, boo hoo.

Lauren and the Fuzzbutts

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have 2 chinnies who snuggle in one, as that's what they had when they were with their previous owner. However, I'd like to wean them into a wood house (within next few weeks), as we're moving them to a new cage.

Plastic = a big NO around those lovable destroyers

Chinmom to :
Trinity (standard grey), Trillian (hetero beige), Tequila (mosaic),
Speedy (hetero beige) and Batman (standard grey)
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have one of those for my suggies. I put their food dish inside it so they don't get food all over my walls. It works great and they love it, but for chins I can see how it could result in disaster.

Kristina,
my three sugar gliders:

Meka, Mac, and Sasha
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Playful Pup

I have one for mice. It's a year old and they use it on colder nights. They also used it when I breed them, to hide their nest.

Now gerbils. I got them one. The whole thing was gone within 1 week. No signwhatsoever I even bought one.

2 Rabbits 2 Degus 2 Leopard Geckos 1 Crested Gecko 2 Green Tree Frogs + Fish
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Newborn Pup

I use it when I have a pregnant mouse that is about to give birth. It gives them privacy for birthing and they can come and go easily.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I had a small version for my hamsters and they loved it. They liked to sleep inside and climb on top.

Last edited by capnsweets; 11-20-2005 at 10:10 PM.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Playful Pup

I have the largest size for my guinea pig (I have had smaller but the larger ones work better), it works great, easy to clean (except for those little cube indentations at the top), and my guinea pig loves it.

Tags
black hooded, dwarf hamster, guinea pig, hairless rat, hermit crab, hermit crabs