Tic pullers - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Tic pullers

has anyone ever used one of those things to pull tics out with?
They are like a plastic stick with a hoop on the end that you hook round the tic.
They are $20 here and dont want to get 1 if they are rubbish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Seeker of Orbs

if we're feeling brave enough (insert gaging ) we just use tweezers...but we try to avoid doing it like the plague.

it sounds kinda flimsy to me..... the ticks we've seen are so small you can barely get 'em with tweezers...are they bigger over there?

will keep an eye out for the possibly handy tool.

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Have been using tweezers but it sometimes leaves the head in

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Newborn Pup

I've never pulled out tics, but I've seen my gf's brother do it all the time and he just uses his fingers (he works at a rescue organization and they quite often have tic after coming from the pound). So I don't really know. I thought my puppy had a tic and I used tweezers but it turned out to be some sort of seed...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Seeker of Orbs

gack. ew. lol here's hoping this product works!!

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

It is not good to touch them as they could be carrying a disease

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Playful Pup

HI! My dogs go out to the woods alot with us. I found a great product the Tick tool and they come in a pouch and they have a piece that you close over the tick so you can take it to the doctor to be tested if the tick was removed from a humans since people get lyme disease from ticks. I sell them on my website since I use them so much and they are cheap and easy to carry they can be attached to a key chain or even your dogs collars. Good luck. www.pitterpatterpawz.com is the website they are $5.99 each.
Riosmommy
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

I've always used plain ol' tweezers.

I've always soaked a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol first, though, and put it as close to the tick's head as possible for about a minute in an attempt to get the tick to loosen its grip. In recent years I've heard from a few sources that this doesn't work, but I've yet to have a head remain embedded in the skin, so who knows?

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I use a pair of non-locking hemostats. I've never left the head behind with those, but I have using tweezers.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchris_28
I use a pair of non-locking hemostats. I've never left the head behind with those, but I have using tweezers.

not sure what those are

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

If you look up non-locking hemostats online, they should come up. I use them to pull ear hair out of dogs' ears too.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur

Tags
lyme disease