Yesterdays News...for rodents! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Pet Product Reviews Find a great product to let other owners know about? Post it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Well it already has impressed me...I like how it is not as messy as the aspen.The aspen likes to go EVERYWHERE!YN don't and plus if it does,because it is a pellet...it is really easy to clean up.And unlike the aspen,it don't get stuck to your socks and every other little fiber.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 02:20 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I also switched and I am liking it so far! I only have it mixed with one cage and the bun bun's litter box as the other cage is not due to be cleaned yet. It is okay, I am still waiting to see how it does!! ^^ Yeah I understand that Lis, but it sticks to my underwear as I sit down on the floor when in the animal room, so VERY annoying to get off you butt!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:40 AM
P-Diggity Dog Lover

Many people also use Wood Stove Pellets for their cages. I use Aspen shavings for my whole crew - plus timothy hay. With the Rat A Tats it does keep the smell down a lot.

I love Yesterdays News the best for my cat litter boxes.

Donna
Dallas, Houston & Peanut the Prairie Dogs
Gypsy & Amber the Satos
Apache, Amigo, Max, and Morgan the Kitties
Scooter, Annie, Buttercup & Squeaky the Guinea Pigs
Mocha & Latte the Rat A Tats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 03:41 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I would have use the cat wood litter BUT it had pine in it...GARHHH...and I heard it was really good for bunnies and rats but I don't use pine or ceder with my ratties...I wanted to try but cant!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I would have use the cat wood litter BUT it had pine in it...GARHHH...and I heard it was really good for bunnies and rats but I don't use pine or ceder with my ratties...I wanted to try but cant!!
It is NOT good for rats or any small animal...not the pine pellets,as they contain phenols.I never heard those were good for them at all.

* Lisa *

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Sounds like I'll definately be buying it when I goes to wal-mart !!

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 AM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

You should, it is great and keeps odors down a lot more than just aspin. And for my bun I use more of the YN than pine shavings now and I am slowly getting her used to it alone. It absorbs pretty well even for a bunny!! I need another litter scoop now on Friday so I can scoop it out, the buttons and pee clumps. I like it a lot. I won't need to buy another bag of YN this check day, maybe in 2 weeks as I have a good amount left!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Gwenda (family friend) is bringing out aspen & YN for me tommorrow! Which is also cage day again ^_^ Great timing
I can't wait. She said its a 20lb bag...guessing thats a LOT !!

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

YES it is, take into consideration it is pelleted newspaper...so it will be quite a lot...I am SURE it will do you a WHILE!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Playful Pup

I've always used it for my rabbits and I absolutley love it! =D
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I just got some and started useing it today, So fare the only thing that has worried me is my ratties not being confy, So i've put more softy yous and beds in for them just in case. So fare i like how easy and dust free it is. Has anyne noitced them trying to eat it?? I give my rats a pellet food mix and i'm pretty sure once they teaste it they will change their minds but should i be worried??

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

you dont need to be worried about them eating it, for one they are going by smell not look like you do, and another its just paper, it wont hurt them, it breaks down and they wont eat much of it as it doesnt taste good. mine dont eat it

The only thing i dont like is that its loud if they run around in it. but when i dont have them in my bedroom i am going to switch to it too, and have more beds for them with comfy stuff to sleep in.

[/CENTER]

post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

My rats don't eat it.I mix aspen with YN and that makes it a bit comfier then just YN.I also add blankies for them too tho!

* Lisa *

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I like YN so fare , i love the low dust and easy to clean . I'm still thinking of switching to towls for everyone though... we'll see .

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I use Breeders Choice Kitty Litter(the Aussie equivalent of YN) and love it....i alternate the mice between BC and kiln dried pine....the rats i use BC (cause they love to rifle through it and they throw the shavings everywhere *L*)

Dog~ Nika (f)
Cats~Scamp (m) & Simvar (m)
Fish~Tropicals & Goldies

RIP Scooby doo & Louise

Tags
aspen shavings, bird cage, dried pine, guinea lynx, guinea pig, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, kitty litter, litter box, litter boxes, pine shavings, timothy hay, wood stove pellets