Allergies... can you help? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Angry Allergies... can you help?

I have finally figured out my allergy problems are with the bedding I am using for my piggies.
I am currently using pine bedding made by Dejnos...
I go into major sneezing fits whenever bedding is stirred up (dust) or wet.
Does anyone have any suggestion they can offer to help me find a different bedding??
Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Erin

you can try aspen bedding, but some people are more allergic to that than others.

Carefresh or cellsorb would probably be your best option, although both are more pricey than wood based beddings. There is virtually no dust with either of these beddings.

You could also try to do a mix with aspen or pine with the carefresh. It will help with costs, and may cut the dust down to a minimum for allergies.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Thanks Erin... I will look into those! At this point I am willing to try anything (except getting rid of piggies of course! Will suffer 1st )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I was going to suggest the carefresh as well, or a dust free kiln dried pine, that is what we use and I love how there is no dust in the air when cleaning it, laying it down ect... gl hope you fix your allergy problem soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 10:28 PM
still waiting for a title

I am severe, severe allergies. Patrick has allergies to aspen and pine as well. The only thing that I like, and would use any way is Carefresh. Target sells something similar to carefresh that I use, also, it's called Healthy something or other. I don't remember, but there isn't much difference.

Leigh Ann, Scott, Patrick, Pumpkin, Gizzy Izzy Wizzy, Brighton, Princess Jill, and Baby Jaqueline
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Playful Pup

Angry

Some people also use towels, blankets, or fleece.

I'm a happy towel user myself since Rum Tum is allergic to some types of bedding. All four are Peruvians and the bedding just gets stuck to their fur, it's so awful.

I usually put down two towels and change them every other day, vacuuming up extra poops in between. I tried litter training them for awhile and this helped a lot with the excess urine.

Good luck!

The member formerly known as Sumerlei

You must be the change you want to see in the world.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Tags
dried pine, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, litter train, litter training, pine bedding