C&C Cages - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thumbs up C&C Cages

Hi,
I saw this warning while I was surfing the GP forums so forgive me if I can not post a link like this but I think this is worth mentioning to those like myself that build thier GP or Rabitt cages out of the Organize-it Cubes from target and K-mart. The have made changes to the grids and some GP's have been injured or even strangled. The old grids used to be 9X9 Squares were the new ones are 8X8 that little bit makes the difference.

While there are simular products out there that can be used, The concern is if they are made by the same manufacture that they all will be changing as well adn that more piggies will be hurt. Anywho please be careful and look closly at what you are buying. I too was not awair and baught some a week ago. thankfuly they are being used for a rabbit cage so they will not effect me as much. I will be stoking up on the right one soon as I need to build a GP cage in Jan.

Chow,

Rat Man Doooo

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47460

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It,s Good to be alive!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Seeker of Orbs

really?? that's interesting! Thanks for the heads up!

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

You are welcome since posting this I have read even more about it. apparently all the GP forums are putting out the warning pretty hard.

Rat Man Doooo

It,s Good to be alive!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Playful Pup

thankyou for that.. i shall be careful when making my cage now

Mummy To -

- Spike

- Lots

- Cookie

- Dexter
And Of Course My 2 Children

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Part of the Pack

Those grids are amazing for a rabbit cage, it gives them soooo much room, I've also made several rat cages (only for bigger rats). It's too bad they've changed the grid size.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Newborn Pup

You can still get 9x9 grids at Bed Bath and Beyond.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Betta Bomb

Ooo! that's scary but you cant really blame the manufacturer since they make the cubes for storage things and don't really have the safety of pets in mind.

I make my bunny cages with these too and guard off sections in the backyard for my turtles as well with them and so far havent had any problems regarding the safety of my bunnies,cats,turtles or dog.I think it's proper that there is an pet owner awarness for these since alot of people wouldnt know the size change if it was their first set to buy..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Playful Pup

Gosh, Fortunatly our piggies live in a Nero 4 indoor cage. My rabbits also have a large indoor cage aswell both bought at pets at home.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Playful Pup

I bought my cubes from Target and realized how large the squares were...I put my coroplast up to the 14in mark just for safety reasons. Once my girls get larger...I'll cut it back a bit...right now they are so small and fit right thru. Thanks for this thread!!!

PiggieSlave

Abby--> 2 mo's
Molly--> 3 mo's

Tags
guinea pig cages