Can stress cause blood in urine? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Can stress cause blood in urine?

Aside from Olly and his troubles, Ginger had some blood in her urine starting New Year's Eve. I called the vet and he suspected either an infection or stones. But, since she is very young to have either problem, it might be stress. She was/is eating, drinking, and peeing normally (no straining). I was told to watch her carefully. (Being a holiday weekend, they were closed and the emergency office was too far away to get to.) Ginger was back to normal the next day and has been ok ever since. Final diagnosis was stress. I've been putting Olly & Ginger together in the play pen while I clean his cage. They seem to get along fine. I'm waiting until his infection clears up before putting them together permanently. Is the "together" and "apart" routine stressing her out? Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I live in a Pigdom

I've not had that problem here, but the first thing that comes to mind is possible sludge in the bladder irritating the lining therefore the pink tinge. Not a vet here, so I am not sure what the problem is, however I always think the worst until I bring them to the vet and get their opinion.

How long had the pee sat before you noticed the color? There is also the "sit time" as it turns pink the longer it sits after they have urinated.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Seeker of Orbs

i noticed hagrids turning orange once, but it was from to many carrots. lol

~beth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

She was sitting on a white towel I had in the playpen and then I saw two poops, with a small amount of pee next to them that had a blood red drop. My first thought was that it happened while she pooped, but that seemed normal & didn't have any blood. Shortly after, she peed again - this time pink, and no poops. I watched her carefully until she peed again because I wanted to see it come out. Sure enough, it was pink, but dried with a light pink color. It happened a few times that night, but stopped. It became really hard to tell by morning. I checked the cage & saw normal colored wet spots. I watched her & she seemed fine. No more really red spots (which only happened the one time) & no more pink pee. She's been clear for several days now. The vet doesn't think it's necessary to bring her in. I still might, since I'm taking Olly for his follow-up this afternoon with my regular vet. What do you think? Could it be calcium build up from parsley? I had a virus last week & didn't get to the store to buy more of a variety of veggies for them to eat. They had lettuce & a few sprigs of parsley per day. Maybe it's too much since she's about 1 year old now.

Tags
regular vet