carefresh pet bedding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thumbs up carefresh pet bedding

I just recently started using this for my gpig. It is so much better than cedar. Just wanted to share that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fidget the Prairie Dog
Precious the Guinea Pig....rip 10/27/07
Ziggy the Dog
75 gallon aquarium

Lucinda, Nice to meet ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 PM
RAT ADDICT

I know several members use this,as it is safer then pine/cedar,which are both toxic!

I personally am not a fan of Carefresh and I use aspen and/or YN.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I use YN. I really like ecobedding though

*Missy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiedog68
I just recently started using this for my gpig. It is so much better than cedar. Just wanted to share that
Just want to make a note since some people don't know...pine& cedar isn't suitable for any small animals.
It can cause respiratory illnesses& if you have allergies,it's airbourne& can trigger asthma attacks (I can't go into pet stores,& if I would absolutely have to go in (don't see that circumstance I buy pet products elsewhere& I get my pets from elsewhere) I would have to use my inhaler.

That being said,i'm thinking of using carefresh with my mice & hamster =]

Last edited by candyraver; 06-30-2007 at 09:50 AM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

I don't use bedding with Zeus - he just has his own rug in his cage and he's litterbox trained so I just clean out his litterbox everyday.

I was going to try carefresh before but I think with the way Zeus' cage is, it would just end up all over the floor. Plus he'd probably eat it, lol, he use to eat the newspaper when I used that.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 10:27 AM

^ Buster, my rabbit, don't have bedding either.Or a cage,he sleeps on my bed,the couch wherever.
& Is litter trained (I use yesterdays news) & my rats also have yesterdays news..since they are litter trained too,so no bedding with them either =]
The mice aren't dirty,I guess I should get a litterbox for them& the hamham,see if they will get trained too...hehe,totally save $$$ on bedding

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:12 PM
RAT ADDICT

Melissa - When did you get a hammie? You never told me that!

* Lisa *

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:11 PM

Sheesh I mentioned I was getting hamhams a couple times on the board Lisa,where were you?
They just had to be weaned.
Remember? Someone got hamsters,asked me about them,I told her she chose a girl& boy,they werent seperated,they had babies,they left the dad in the cage with the mom (I told her to seperate them but like I get listened to) now shes pregnant again& the babies are just weaned now =]

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:13 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh yeah.
You just never told me you got one yet.Whatever.

* Lisa *

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Will It Ever Change?

yeah i love carefresh too! no smell, works great

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat
Oh yeah.
You just never told me you got one yet.Whatever.
Oh only got it 2 days ago.Theyre only just weaned .

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
is a little "special"

I like carefresh, but I don't get it often because its alot of $. Smudge is spoiled, he gets carpet in his cage lol! Hes not fully LB trained but he does really good considering hes not fixed.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Whatever.
Whatever @ Me? Yeah.I just add things to my profile,as I did with my
tarantula& such.
& As you do with your signature.

I like carefresh colors
I'm using purple now

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver View Post
Whatever @ Me? Yeah.I just add things to my profile,as I did with my
tarantula& such.
& As you do with your signature.

I like carefresh colors
I'm using purple now
Don't take that the wrong way.I have been quite snarky these past few days and have made comments that are offending people.

I was just saying "whatever" because I didn't know you had the hammie yet and you didn't tell me.But it's okay.Do not take offense.I am not starting anything or trying to. I rarely look at people's profiles,so I didn't know you change things there.

Anyway the Carefresh colors are nice,but I don't use it.

* Lisa *

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Newborn Pup

Awesome. Pine and cedar is bad!!!

I
My Puppy Blue!

I
against pet stores selling puppies!!!!!

Tags
box trained, guinea pig, litter train, litter trained, pet store, pet stores