Is this a case of OVARIAN CYSTS?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Question Is this a case of OVARIAN CYSTS??

A 40 month old unspayed GP, Lily. White with red eyes. Very sweet. I posted months ago how I rescued her and her neutered tankmate, Chip, and I included photos.

I thought she was shedding from the heat, or maybe getting fat. She has lost all the fur on her now bare belly, and is losing some on her lower flanks. This alopecia (fur loss) is symmetrical. Most noticeable, she has bulges on each of her sides right in front of the hips - they are about the size of a hen's egg, although obviously it is as if the egg is well inside her. She acts and eats normally in every way, and there is no apparent sensitivity in the region of those bulges.

I even gave her acidopholus and vitamin dropos made for GPs, in case there was intestinal bloating. Pooping is normal.

I posted this elsewhere, I think, and was asked why I thought she had ovarian cysts.

So, what else could it be if not ovarian cysts??

P.S. Don't anyone waste my time telling me to "take her to the vet". I expect to call the vet this week. I just want to be sure there is no other possibility, except ovarian cysts, lest they try to stick me with a battery of expensive (unneeded) tests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
red eyes