Does he like me? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Does he like me?

I'm not sure if my pig likes me.. (i've had him a week)

when i hold him he makes soft little squeeks, he doesnt try and get away..
sometimes he turns to look at my hand but he doesnt bite
sometimes he grabs a itty bit of my shirt and pulls it up as far as he can
he eats the food i give him from my hand but backs up alittle and grabs it out of my hand if i hold it for him
he doesnt greet me and ive never seen him popcorn but hes in a small cage right now.. (workin on it.)
when i hold him he just sits there, doesnt really want to explore much unless he gets on the ground and then he runs around. but never back to me (i dont expect him to yet)

i just dont want to be annoying him, when im petting him and hes makin soft sqeeks

I want a happy pig

he wheeks at my rats when they are out, i think he likes them

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

As mentioned before it will take time for both of you to get used to each other.
Doesnt sound like to much to be concerned about from what you describe.
Your doing fine
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

continue playing with him, talking to him softly, grooming him often and offering him food from your hand.
He sounds like he is happy.
Mine like to grab my shirt and yank it up..there way of playing and exploring i think...they can be silly. They do that too when you put your hand on their head to pet them sometimes...its funny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

they are funny little critters and i feel like doing my research didnt help, i know the basics, foods and waters, and housing and everything but actually interacting isnt mentioned that much. i expected him to be really scared but he doesnt seam to be... i got into a fight with my boyfriend last night and was yelling in my room where he is and i felt horrible poor guy had to listen to our fight.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 07:29 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Guinea pigs don't show affection like dogs. At least most don't.

They are prey animals, its instinct for them to run or "freeze". Its just what they do. It can take months for your pig to become more social with you. My pigs take treats from my hand, then run!

Did you read the posts throughout this guinea pig forum? We have said many times that guinea pigs take a lot of time to get used to you. A week is a very short time.

Your pig will popcorn someday, most likely when he has a bigger cage. You will also see a big difference in his personality when he is in a bigger cage.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

also Kendalle remember you can use the SEARCH BAR up above on the top of the page...type in a word or phrase and it will bring up threads on the topic your wanting to know about.
I have used it many times and its quite useful. Like doing your own little research here on PT. You can find out lotz of stuff quickly and its fun too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i think i have read all of the guinea pig threads hehe. i know that it will take a lot longer, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing something that is annoying him (like when he was squeeking softly and jumping around ment that he had to pee and i thought he just had an itchy spot i was scratching..) and keep doing it and keep doing it until he gets angry and i still think he likes it. heh.

He pushes his head up when i pet his head i figured he didnt like it. idk

[/CENTER]

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Seeker of Orbs

pheonix tugs on my shirt when he has to wee.

He does that with his head too. pushes up on my hand when i pet him. I think its their/his way to be bossy

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny

Tags
doing fine, guinea pig