dog treats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Guinea Pig Discussion Popcorns, wheeks, and all else piggy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

Question dog treats

have any of you given your piggies dog bones/biscits? i heard you could, but......??

~beth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I wouldn't think it would be wise. A guinea pig is an obligate herbivore, whereas a dog eats meats and most dog treats contain meat of some form. I'd stick to veggies and such for your GP.

Stephanie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 07:33 AM
I live in a Pigdom

I have never heard of it and would frown upon it too. Veggies for treats are what my herd gets here.

Adopt a pet today!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Seeker of Orbs

yeah...i just wondered cuz this book we got it showed one nibbling on a dog biscit and said you could give them fruit based ones... but...better safe than...sick!

~beth

thank you!--->

RIP hagrid. Pheonix! RIP, sweet piggie[/URL]

Dexter, chester, chester the 2nd, george, cinimon, tiny, DareDevil.may they rest in peace.

Dugan
bozo and zozzo, and tiny
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 PM

I've never thought about giving them to my pigs but we used to give them to my hamsters when i was younger. You could try giving them parsly - mine love it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I don't have guinea piggers, but I'd also say no to giving them dog bones. Like everyone else here has said, I'd stick to veggies and such for treats.

Karen

[

Tags
guinea pig